ASI Radiators: Pics P.16; Info P.17 & 18

86turboswap

Yes thank you very much
by sending your radiator in you are helping hundreds of ST165 owners
Now they will be able to source a factory fitting replacement.

Rick89GTS

UPDATE:

The sample radiator is on its way to Shanghai. Much thanks to Jeff for fronting the postage costs (which he will recover on his order). Kudos to him.

Initial run is 10 pieces with approximately 2 month turnaround time.
Price with shipping included:
US$300 to USA
US$325 to Canada

*We are going with a 42mm thick core, so the stock fans can be used and we avoid any fitment issues*

These people have expressed interest so far:
1) Rick aka Rick89GTS
2) Jeff aka monkey8oi
3) Jeremy aka 86turboswap (52mm core)
4) Robert Pina aka 935 Motorsports
5) ?

Greybeard

I'm interested in one. I've got a 1988 Turbo All Trac

Since I am using an 12" Permacool aftermarket fan that is a lot slimmer, is there a chance to get a thicker radiator core? It needs all the cooling it can get.

stevo27

Rick89GTS":18rqbfcz said:
UPDATE:

The sample radiator is on its way to Shanghai. Much thanks to Jeff for fronting the postage costs (which he will recover on his order). Kudos to him.

Initial run is 10 pieces with approximately 2 month turnaround time.
Price with shipping included:
US$300 to USA
US$325 to Canada

*We are going with a 42mm thick core, so the stock fans can be used and we avoid any fitment issues*

1) Rick aka Rick89GTS
2) Jeff aka monkey8oi
5) ?
rick im definatly intrested

Rick89GTS

Latest update:
The sample radiator has been received and production has started. For completion, we're looking at sometime in February, after the Chinese New Year! (Feb 7, 2008) :D Will keep everyone updated as this nears completion.

1) Rick aka Rick89GTS
2) Jeff aka monkey8oi
5) Greybeard
6) Stevo27

88st165

1) Rick aka Rick89GTS
2) Jeff aka monkey8oi
5) Greybeard
6) Stevo27
7) 88st165

Rick89GTS

The list so far:
1) Rick aka Rick89GTS
2) Jeff aka monkey8oi
5) Don aka Greybeard
6) Stevo27
7) 88st165
8) Sney aka suprakid95

Note: this project started Oct 29, 2006 and I'm estimating completion before
Feb 28, 2007. If so, that will be roughly 4 months from start to end; not too bad, methinks. Stay tuned, we'll let you all know soon...

Greybeard

Who do I send the money to and what arrangements do I need to make? I'd like to get this ball rolling on the ST 165 radiator...
My wife's Lincoln Towncar thru a rod without warning on startup a month ago. I managed to buy a Recon remanufactored complete long block on Ebay for $700 plus s/h, but it is a wee bit too cold out in the garage to hassle with R&R on the new engine. It would be alot easier to install the ST 165 radiator.
The best price I've seen to R&R the Town Car's 4.6l V8 locally is $1200. I'm an old geezer (retired Master Clockmaker) who has built many a race engine in the old days and I'd rather do the work myself, which involves tranferring the intake and accs from the old block. I've already hopped up the old 4.6l engine's exhaust and intake systems to push the engine past 300 hp...It's fun watching the look on kid's faces when an old greybeard in a '95 Towncar outruns their new Mustang embarrassingly from a stop light. If I carefully match up the intake and exhaust ports with the gasket, I can pick up and extra 10 horses. Besides, I don't trust most mechanics...I was tweeking stock car race engines before they were in diapers.
In the meanwhile, I'm stuck with feeding a 1977 Ford offroad 4 x 4 truck, whose ravenous 450 ponies from the highly modified monster V8 is putting me in the poorhouse. I'm lucky to see 10 mpg (more like 8 mpg). I'd like to permanently park it. I expect gas to hit $5 a gallon in the not to distant future.
My 88 All Trac is looking very precious now. It's either that or my wife's bicycle. My old bones ache to think about it.
Yup, I'd like to see that new radiator pronto. I've got my $300 cash in hand. I hope the fellow from ASI in China reads this and gives it a green light.

Don
Tulsa, OK

Rick89GTS

Only one isn't spoken for but if no one expresses interest, it'll go to Robert Pina. The list so far:

1) Rick aka Rick89GTS
2) Jeff aka monkey8oi
5) Don aka Greybeard
6) Steve aka Stevo27
7) Eugene aka 88st165
8) Sney aka suprakid95
9) Dave aka ST165-2765

EDIT: Eugene, added your name to the list, thanks.

88st165

Rick89GTS":20hu14ne said:
Only one isn't spoken for but if no one expresses interest, it'll go to Robert Pina. The list so far:

1) Rick aka Rick89GTS
2) Jeff aka monkey8oi
5) Don aka Greybeard
6) Steve aka Stevo27
7) Eugene aka 88st165
8) Sney aka suprakid95
9) Dave aka ST165-2765

88st165

so the final decided size is 42mm?.... how thick is the stock core?.... either way i cant wait to not have to worry about busting the fragile plastic tanks while im doing some highway pulls or autocrossing...

ST165-2765

88st165":2u6p1usb said:
so the final decided size is 42mm?.... how thick is the stock core?.... either way i cant wait to not have to worry about busting the fragile plastic tanks while im doing some highway pulls or autocrossing...

Rick89GTS":2u6p1usb said:
The factory one is about 32mm.

And yes the final decided size is 42mm