How to distinguish HKS SSQV as real or fake?

toayoztan

Alright, i've been browsing around various sites, more so ebay and have come across different HKS SSQV (I now say hks with the name, b/c apparently, there's other ssqv's out there). Some have the HKS logo on it, some don't, and some people talk about cheap ones from australia, or some made from taiwan. So what's the real one? I obviously know which one isn't, but i'm confused as to which bov is the authentic hks ssqv...will there be a logo, no logo, a stamp, etc anywhere or what? thanks! I don't want to buy a low dollar look alike or cheap version of ssqv when it comes time to buying heh.

And i also hear there's an older version of the hks ssqv...how do we know which is old and new version too? thanks again!

Bryan

shoteh

I think they used to have an older dicontinued model but currently they only have the ssqv and the type II. The ssqv is also the one I got. The only reason to get the type II is if you are planning to be boosting up to the 40psi's. my ssqv works fine although it does stall sometimes due to not recirculation. Planning to get the recirc kit in the future though. But to tell the real one from the fakes try to locate the HKS logo on the bov, if there isnt one dont assume that its under or not shown in the pix because it a fake. The fake ones usually cost a lot less also. They should be running at least 125 greens or more for the real ones.

Wraith

935motorsports":1n0nkkwp said:
Yes the cast ones are fake.

The real ones have HKS silk screened in gold. If it has no silk screen then it is fake as well.

the first and the second sequential Valve units was made out of cast...