Using Shurflow pumps for a W:A intercooler pump

turbotrdcelica

Since I cannot seem to find any ST165 intercooler water pumps I found on ebay a W:A intercooler system that the guy was using 2088-443-144 Shurflow pump on. Now I checked that pump out & it's a high flow high pressure pump. I am worried that the pressure will be too high. 120psi is alot more pressure than the intercooler will take, I mean it's got a 13psi cap on in so once it exceeds 13psi pressure the rad cap is gonna open & dump. So how do I use the shurflow pump to keep the pressure under 10psi but high flow, these pressure ratings are confusing. Also I do have a Shurflow 8000-543-236 for my water injection setup & it says open flow 1.8GPM 6.8 liters per min 12VDC 7 amps pressure setting 60 psi, what does the 60psi mean does that mean that 60 psi is the max pressure, or that it automatically shuts off at 60psi, or that it will create 60 psi almost instantly. kinda confused need help, I have my engine ready to go in next week but NEED A INTERCOOLER PUMP!!!!!!!!!!!! also can I use my existing pump to supply water for my intercooler until I can get a appropriate pump?????

thanks in advance
Jeremy

Wraith

turbotrdcelica":3g7ns2mu said:
Since I cannot seem to find any ST165 intercooler water pumps I found on ebay a W:A intercooler system that the guy was using 2088-443-144 Shurflow pump on. Now I checked that pump out & it's a high flow high pressure pump. I am worried that the pressure will be too high. 120psi is alot more pressure than the intercooler will take, I mean it's got a 13psi cap on in so once it exceeds 13psi pressure the rad cap is gonna open & dump. So how do I use the shurflow pump to keep the pressure under 10psi but high flow, these pressure ratings are confusing. Also I do have a Shurflow 8000-543-236 for my water injection setup & it says open flow 1.8GPM 6.8 liters per min 12VDC 7 amps pressure setting 60 psi, what does the 60psi mean does that mean that 60 psi is the max pressure, or that it automatically shuts off at 60psi, or that it will create 60 psi almost instantly. kinda confused need help, I have my engine ready to go in next week but NEED A INTERCOOLER PUMP!!!!!!!!!!!! also can I use my existing pump to supply water for my intercooler until I can get a appropriate pump?????

thanks in advance
Jeremy

It should be the max the pump can push out or it can work up to 60psi of pressure but the higher the pressure the lower its going to flow... All you need is some sort of relief valve to Tee'd off the line for the cooling water supply to the intercooler and have it relieve back into water tank ...