Best Rebuilder:

Cormudgen

Ok,

I think I've narrowed it down to three different companies I"m intersted in having the stock CT26 rebuilt from. I dont intend to do any upgrades as of how because I can't afford it. Later on I'll get a nice kit when I can save up some real money. Here are the companies I intend to go though in order of prefercne as of now. Please leave any and all feed back you cant input.

1. www.turbochargers.com

Base price for rebuild is $275 and up...
12 month 12,000 mile warranty

2. www.cheapturbo.com

Base price for rebuid is $250...
30 day warranty from date I recieve

3. Majestic Turbo

Base price for reuild is $325 and up...
cant remeber their warranty but weary b/c their website seems unprofesional

I understand that all of these are base prices and could very well end up being much more.
Thanks for all input
Mark

alltrac4life

I had turbonetics do mine, its been great. I think Griffin also had his done there with the same upgrade. My turbo never spikes, creeps or deminishes in boost. Seems to be a good upgrade, but costly.

T-spoon

I had one done at turbochargers and one at majestic (both pretty local to me). Both turbos I installed, sold the cars they went onto after 3 months or so of driving, but as far as I know they are still working without a hitch. As far as dealings go, Majestic was nicer, Turbochargers.com is really a DSM shop, so they're a bit snooty about Toyotas and not very openminded about upgrade potential, but seem to do ok work nevertheless.

Cormudgen

well turbo was sent to turbochargers.com

last friday tuesday i think. hope to hear from them soon. would be awesoem if i could get it back by saturday as to start on the install when i have daylight

jimlau

Cormudgen":2zahidf3 said:
well turbo was sent to turbochargers.com

last friday tuesday i think. hope to hear from them soon. would be awesoem if i could get it back by saturday as to start on the install when i have daylight

I'm considering sending mine out to turbochargers.com as well. Have you gotten yours back yet? Do they seem to know what they're doing?

Thanks.

Cormudgen

sorry i didnt update you guys

anyways. turbochargers called me back once they got it and said the rebuild price was gonna be $695!!!!! I was like no thanks just send it back. They were like ok we send it back dissasembled. 4 or 5 days later I got it back unasembeld but packaged well.

So I don't relaly have an opinion on them. I did hear GOOD things about Majestic from a friend that has had 3 turbos rebuild thru them and 2 bulilt thru turbochargers.com He said he highly recomnends majestic over turbochargers.com

2of81

AVOID PERFORMANCE TECHNIQUES!!!!

I had them upgrade my CT26, they couldn't install a compressor seal right, and their attitude sucked. They act like they have never made a mistake, well they made the same one twice!!! I took it to a local turbo place and had them do it, so far so good!!!

RedCelicaTRD

Performance techniques did a great job on mine. Doesnt leak and boosts over 20psi just fine. The guy who did the work on mine was a fellow Idahoan that is now in California. I wonder if he also did the work on the failed turbos or if someone else did.

jimlau

This is what's weird.. It's like turbo rebuilding is a black art.. I hear conflicting stories of who does work well and who doesn't. Cormudgeon, did they say why your rebuild would be so much?
I'm thinking about going to Majestic Turbo for my turbo, but I'm going to look at local shops as well.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences. This is helpful.

alltracman78

2of81":1w85hkju said:
AVOID PERFORMANCE TECHNIQUES!!!!

I had them upgrade my CT26, they couldn't install a compressor seal right, and their attitude sucked. They act like they have never made a mistake, well they made the same one twice!!! I took it to a local turbo place and had them do it, so far so good!!!

I will second this. I had mine rebuilt by them last Aug. Almost right away the compressor seal started leaking oil. Thankfully it was in the warrenty period, so I had them replace it [I had to pay the $80+ shipping].
Now, just over a year and 20000?m later it's leaking really bad, again. Needless to say I won't be going back to them.

Seems to me quite a few people on this board have had problems with thier pt compressor seals. :shoots:

billprice

Ehhh................just to throw my .02 in, Majestic has rebuilt two for me over the years with no problems whatsoever.

alltracman78

Cormudgen":2vrzev1w said:
I think I've narrowed it down to three different companies I"m intersted in having the stock CT26 rebuilt from.
3. Majestic Turbo

Base price for reuild is $325 and up...
cant remeber their warranty but weary b/c their website seems unprofesional

Base rebuild is $325 to $340.
Warrenty is 6mo, unlimited miles. They also pay return shipping.

CelicaGT4Racer

I just got mine back from majestic. They did an outstanding job on it. only $325 also. I would definitely recommend them for choice #1.