Turbo problem

Bori

Hey guys. I didn't know if i should have posted this here or the maintenance but i figured that it's about the turbo so......

My car won't start so i pulled off the intake right from the turbo and bunch of liguid comes out of the turbo. I swear you guys, i think it's gas!

I put my finger on the wheel to spin the fan and more comes out. I smelled it over and over again until i got convinced that is was gas and eventually got a headache. Is this possible. I don't understand what is going on. I did have my gas tank replaced the day my car died. It leaked a lot of oil before the car died and i posted under general mainenance. Got good help but now that i checked the turbo, I don't know what to think anymore. Is the turbo shot? :shrug:

GT4TOY

if there is fuel in the actual turbo, then something very strange is going on....there's no way that I know of that that could happen.

Unless you have some kind of anti-lag setup going on that is stuffed?

Bori

Well, i went again and spun the wheel in the turbo with my finger and it leaks. I'm not kidding. It's strange i know but it's happening.

man i'm about to sell the car for parts if i don't figure this out.

Bori

Yep, that's the only thing i could think of. But i'm almost positive that i put the lines on back the correct way. i'm about 99.9% sure that i did. I'm gonna switch the lines the other way just in case. But if i did put the lines the wrong way and gas got in my engine, does that mean my engine will be messed up or do you think that it can dry up and the car can run again.

Thanx

Bori

good idea. I would check out the car today but it's raining here in Jersey and tommorow is Turkey day so i have to wait till friday.

I'll keep you updated on what's going on and maybe somebody can learn from this experience ( what not to do)

Bori

MARLON1211

saved_1992":1mh4sgo4 said:
if this just started after the tank was installed maybe the install was wrong? is the vent tube blocked

I was thinking the same thing too. If the car was fine before the install, maybe something went wrong during the install of the new tank.
We'll check it out this friday.

Bori

My boy Snyder came down to help me bring the alltrac back to life.
It just so happens that the lines WERE put on backwards. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Anywho,we switched them back and changed the oil and cleaned up the spark plugs. The car puttered and idled all weird for a while until all that gas dried up. But it is running normal again.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys 8)