ST205 harness mystery plug

RedCelicaTRD

The connectors are the same on both 185/205. You will need to check the pin-outs since some of the used/non-used pins are different.

MATT-S

There is something weird with what you have there, That turbo pressure sensor is not for a ST205, the ST205 sensor ends with a 50 and has a purple sticker on it. I think the part you have there is for a late spec st185. Perhaps it is a 185 loom?

RedCelicaTRD

Interesting. It is a 90-93 sensor. It's always possible someone in japan put this motor in a st185 and used all the stock sensors/ecu/wiring. Then it got pulled and someone labeled it wrong.

Evo_VIIIMR

RedCelicaTRD":25kjmir8 said:
The connectors are the same on both 185/205. You will need to check the pin-outs since some of the used/non-used pins are different.

that's what i'm trying to figure out. why does the harness that i have not plug into the ecu that i have. The injectors are red. i have been getting a lot of help from a guy on here. He has sent me pics of his 205 engine bay and it doesnt match. I swear this is a late 185 CS. I found a pic of a 185CS engine bay at that is the only place that I have seen that blk connector going to an AFM.

sharp123

dont know much about diagrams , but if you ordered a st205 engine or clip , i would go raise hell with the supplier. they gave you a mix mash of stuff that looks like a nightmare to correct. maybe you can get it exchanged?? OR at least a discount. not cool

hope you can get worked out . sharp

allblackalltrac

I'll help you guys out by clearing up some confusion

That motor IS a rev3 3SGTE - you guys already new that.
The MAP sensor is a 2 bar MAP 90-93' 3SGTE.
The ECU is a 92' 3SGTE AllTrac ecu - 93's end with 2B290
Now the one that everyone wants to know, that harness is a RC/CS harness, that 5 pin connector that no ones can seem to identify is for the RC/CS AFM, its distinctive because it uses a round connector instead of the square connector on all other revisions of the 3SGTE that use an AFM.

This is the best thing that you can do to make that engine run correctly in a 165. Use the ST165 engine harness, if you dont have one - find one, sell the RC/CS engine harness to offset the costs of a ST165 engine harness if you dont have one. Sell the 2 BAR MAP and rev2 3SGTE ecu and obtain the rev3 3SGTE ecu, air temp sensor and 3 BAR MAP.
Now custom make a ST165>ST205 ecu conversion adapter, hint rev3 and rev2 male recepticals are the same number of pins. Dont cut them off the ST185 harness just becasue you have them, it will depreciate the value of that harness. Buy the connectors online brand new theres a thread on here titled 165>185 ecu conversion harness, you'll find the website and part numbers you'll need to order from. The ST165 engine harness will still need some of the connectors replaced for the rev3 sensors but its not hard. If your in need of a ST165 engine harness and conversion adapter I can supply you with both.

allblackalltrac

I just looked through the pics again and here is what else I am able to desifer.

Either that engine was installed in some other car at some point or the importers just threw any harness and tranny on that engine...but judging from the pics of the tranny that is NOT an ST205 tranny - the tranny mount bracket bolted on the top of the tranny bellhousing is NOT an ST205 bracket. From looking at the harness it seems that you extentended the CS/RC harness to fit in the ST165. Use that harness you have already completed it. Just obtain a rev3 3SGTE ecu and associated sensors for it and repin the harness accordingly.

Evo_VIIIMR

allblackalltrac":1zzem4t2 said:
I'll help you guys out by clearing up some confusion

That motor IS a rev3 3SGTE - you guys already new that.
The MAP sensor is a 2 bar MAP 90-93' 3SGTE.
The ECU is a 92' 3SGTE AllTrac ecu - 93's end with 2B290
Now the one that everyone wants to know, that harness is a RC/CS harness, that 5 pin connector that no ones can seem to identify is for the RC/CS AFM, its distinctive because it uses a round connector instead of the square connector on all other revisions of the 3SGTE that use an AFM.
I knew I was right about that connector

This is the best thing that you can do to make that engine run correctly in a 165. Use the ST165 engine harness, if you dont have one - find one, sell the RC/CS engine harness to offset the costs of a ST165 engine harness if you dont have one. Sell the 2 BAR MAP and rev2 3SGTE ecu and obtain the rev3 3SGTE ecu, air temp sensor and 3 BAR MAP.
Now custom make a ST165>ST205 ecu conversion adapter, hint rev3 and rev2 male recepticals are the same number of pins. Dont cut them off the ST185 harness just becasue you have them, it will depreciate the value of that harness. Buy the connectors online brand new theres a thread on here titled 165>185 ecu conversion harness, you'll find the website and part numbers you'll need to order from. The ST165 engine harness will still need some of the connectors replaced for the rev3 sensors but its not hard. If your in need of a ST165 engine harness and conversion adapter I can supply you with both.

kribbe

CMS-GT4":31zw1qud said:
Evo_VIIIMR":31zw1qud said:
i ohmed the wires and they go to the following THA PIM THAM and E2x2.

If that is the case, I have a feeling there is a major cable splitter that you are missing.

There must be a connector for that plug that has a split for the THA that goes under the throttle body, the THAM that goes to the airbox etc.. I might have THA and THAM backwards.

I used the 185 harness and just had to move a few pins around at the ecu and wire in the sensors and I was done.

ok i know this is a old post and hope that someone can help me.

you have moved the pins around and installed the sensors to your st185 with a st205 engine (if i understand it right)
do you have a picture of how your cables to the ecu looks like and a picture on the sensor installation.
i'm trying to figure out if the 185 harness i have have been modefied or not.
I have tried to search for a good answer to this but can't find any

underscore

I don't know if that ever got sorted out but that is definitely an RC MAF plug. What are you basing that being a 205 motor on? Almost seems like someone swapped the Gen 3 intercooling bits onto an RC.