MR2 turbo?????

nynoah75

I have a ST165

I just piced up a Mr2 Ct26 twin entry turbo. I have the turbo, exhaust manifold, and elbow to the cat. The turbo is turned way up hight from my car. How do I realigne it to my intercooler? Also any help putting this setup on my car would be a great help.
Noah

T-spoon

What do you mean turned way up high? The stock angle for the turbo is the same on the MR2 and the alltrac/gt4. If you are using a front mounted intercooler instead of a top mounted intercooler, then your turbo may have been clocked down before. If you have a top mounted intercooler, I'm not sure what you're referring to, but both of them have it aimed up and slightly back stock.

T-spoon

Hmm, well in any event, you can clock the compressor housing to aim the outlet wherever you want. I believe the large band is what you unfasten to move it, though I haven't done it, myself, I just know folks do, generally to meet up with aftermarket intercooler piping.

etantshi

There's a C-clip on the opposite side of the compressor housing. Compress the c-clip and you will be able to rotate the compressor housing.

Brian_S

The compressor housing has a dowel in it to make it a one position fitment. You will have to get rid of the dowel, or re-dowel it into the position that you want it.