fmic and heads

190hpcelica

hi, just want to know if anyone have pics, for a st165 fmic and where can i get cams for it. and could i change the 1st gen to 2nd gen head? and what will the compresstion ratio thanks

190hpcelica

that does not help me much cause i have a st165 not a st185 and i wanna know could i change the 1st gen head with 2nd gen head or not? and will there be a compression ratio differance? also need a pic of a front mount intercooler if any1 has it beside the one that is post here. thanks

GT4CE

If you take the time to look, all of your questions have been answered else where in the forum.

ATS sells the only 1st gen option on cams.

You can replace the 1st gen head with a 2nd gen head but only after several modifications, which has been addressed in other threads.

BraveUlysses

190hpcelica":h28xibep said:
that does not help me much cause i have a st165 not a st185 and i wanna know could i change the 1st gen head with 2nd gen head or not? and will there be a compression ratio differance? also need a pic of a front mount intercooler if any1 has it beside the one that is post here. thanks

DURRR

ATS Camshafts (ST165 only) - these are the only performance camshaft for the Gen 1 3SGTE on the market. 264 duration with 9.2mm lift $400/set

Try READING the link I posted before you tell me it does you no good. Then try doing a SEARCH to answer all these other questions you have.

Why do you expect us to take the time to answer all your questions when you will not make the effort to do so?

190hpcelica

sorry guys, lolz didnt see the bottom of it though it was the end of the page. haha thanks but what about the intercooler? no pix?

GT4CE

For us first Gen guys there's not a lot of room, so most of us don't have FMIC, however I do believe in the gallery section there is a guy with pics.

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3107

I just insulated my downpipe, and intercooler, and removed all the intercooler piping that is attacked to the engine and I've seen that my TMIC heat soaks very rarely.

Once I get a data logger I plan to install thermocouples at every heat change to see what kind of numbers I'm getting.