Supra LSD!

bboytou

Does any body know if the 1989 supra rear lsd can fit the Celica all-trac? I'm talking about the whole differential. I see that the axles are like 5 or 6 bolts instead of 4 like ours. So can the differentials and the axles fit? Any different lengths in drive shaft?

silverarrow

You should go under the car and do all the measuring yourself. Length of driveshaft wouldn't matter just as long as the driveshaft of the supra and celica is the same size. Make sure that you can use the supra rear axles which I doubt we can, but never know until you really look into it because of the different # bolts on the diff.

Is the differential even look the same as ours?

bboytou

Yes. I am sure i wanted to do that but the supra with the lsd is at the junk yard, which is about 25 mins. away. I saw it and inspected it a little when i went to grab some ae86 parts for my bro. Well, i can probably say that it looks similar to ours because it's toyota, but the length towards the driveshaft looks a little longer, and because it have more bolts.
I will probably go back to find out when i have the time, but for now i just wanted to see if any of you guys know anything. Some advise can help.