600 hp TMIC?

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

Re: Re:

Postby Boo_Guy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:02 am

4rsnduction wrote:
celicaGTS_T wrote:rumor has it that ARC made a top-mount that would fit the 'trac's.... good luck finding one tho l :lol:
.... seriously, they did.

I know, i got one, its a little sore looking but works :)
Amazing what you find on yahoo japan auctions

I just put my ARC TMIC on last week, Im pretty impressed with it. Im just on stock turbo / boost though. :)

I bought it on here for about $400 a few years ago from a guy in europe, I can be a little slow with putting on the parts I buy lol. :twisted:
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Boo_Guy
Club Member

Re: 600 hp TMIC?

Postby Corey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:49 am

Be sure to make a proper duct for your arc if you haven't already. Especially if you removed the oem rubber duct so it would fit.

Layering sticky wx sealing foam into walls for the duct is easy and actually pretty efficient.
Corey
GTFour God

1989 Toyota Celica

Postby Boo_Guy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Corey Darling wrote:Be sure to make a proper duct for your arc if you haven't already. Especially if you removed the oem rubber duct so it would fit.

Layering sticky wx sealing foam into walls for the duct is easy and actually pretty efficient.

I remember the guy that sold it to me saying id have to remove the rubber on the hood too but all i did was install and close the hood, it fits perfectly, nothing else needed on my car. :shrug:
Boo_Guy
Club Member

Postby Corey » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Hmm. Mine wouldn't fit at all. The arc is considerably thicker than stock and mine sits in a different position than stock (further forward).

If there is any gap between the back of the scoop and the intercooler the arc will not work much better than stock.
Corey
GTFour God

1989 Toyota Celica

Postby Boo_Guy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:03 am

It didnt seem to leave any gap either, seems to fit perfect, but I'll get a light and check again with the hood closed :)
Boo_Guy
Club Member

Previous

Return to Performance and Power