Gauging interest in 3" Midpipe for ST185

Are you interested in a 3" Midpipe for ST185?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yes! - depending on cost for part

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Terracar

Hello,

This poll is to gauge interest in a 3" Midpipe for the ST185. I have already contact a vendor local to me to see what it would take to get them to design/manufacture this part, but have not heard back yet.

I am trying to get some numbers of those interested to help sweeten the deal if possible.

The timeframe I am interested in for product is Feb/Mar 2010. Reason being tax returns should provide a bit more liquidity in funds for everyone.

*** At this time the vendor contact has not responded so this is not a "for sure thing". I am trying to get numbers to provide in my weekly follow-up.

Please vote!

-Terracar

Landon

hey, i have a exhaust shop here that i was talking to about this as well. so i guess we have a couple options if someone backs out. you have more info on if its SS, tig welded, all the things done right, etc.

Clearance of an aftermarket sway bar will probably be an issue, IIRC the aussie was the only 3in that would clear a larger diameter sway bar with ease.

Terracar

My proposed plan item would be stainless with a cat option. This all depends on what the vendor is willing to do. At this point I am planning a weekly follow-up and a few visits to them to establish a relationship.

-Terracar

Terracar

smog7":2cwd7hzh said:
price range?

Yet to be determined - I have not got the vendor to agree to anything yet. I am hoping something considerably less than the aussie, but will not know until I can get them to consider.

BTW - does anyone know what gauge the typical stainless exhaust is?

-Terracar

Terracar

Okay so I heard back from the vendor. While they do agree there is a niche for this product they are too busy at the moment to attempt this undertaking. They recommended I follow-up with them in February or March. I think I will follow-up mid January. :)

The vendor in mind is my preferred vendor especially since they are known for the superior quality of their work.

-Terracar

Terracar

Hi Guys,

January update:

KO still to busy at this time to take this one. I will follow-up with them February.

-Terracar

Terracar

So I have finally heard some promising news. Per Lilly, "It so happens Kris just got a celica to work on so it might happen sometime soon."

So some encouraging news, but at the same time quite a tease.

-Terracar

Flying Bajan

Halleluya !

Aussie seem to be non commital on doing another batch, and I am WELL pleased with my KO racing turbo kit and downpipe, so it goes without saying that I would buy a midpipe from them.

I'll have mine in good quality 3" mandrel bent stainless with no cat that bolts up to KO's downpipe and an HKS cat back with no fitment or rubbing issues please ! :)

Cash waiting.

st185rc

still hoping on this!!! june is coming up quick and i need to aircare so i need a midpipe with cat :shoots:

st185rc

i dunno how long i can wait for this.... i'll need it sooner rather than later. by they decide to make these and when they get shipped i'll probably be over due for emissions test. i might just have to go custom....or have a shop weld on a cat somewhere on my midpipe