Am I dreaming?! LOOK!

RIalltrac

all I see is a listing for a six speed manual gearbox for the gt4 st185, which to me is just as intriguing :shrug:

RIalltrac

ya after tooling around a bit on that page I'm going with the idea that those guys are idiots, unless they're considering reverse the reason to call it a six speed, all of the gt4 trannies are listed as six speeds. as far as I know the 215 isnt available in manual either.

d1alltrac

maybe they changed it but all i see are 5 speeds except for that one levin tranny....and they say a caldina GT4 is FWD? i am also convinced that they are morons.

MrWOT

Ah well, guess my dream of a secret stash of rally prep 6spd alltrac trannys will have to wait once again :D :wink:

Mafix

there is a company in england that makes the gear box only in sequential 6 speed. i don't recall the name nor did they respond to my emails. it was a race only rally tranny. that's the best i can tell ya on that.

Conrad_Turbo

Mafix":uhwvr7ht said:
there is a company in england that makes the gear box only in sequential 6 speed. i don't recall the name nor did they respond to my emails. it was a race only rally tranny. that's the best i can tell ya on that.
XTRAC made them for the ST185 and they currently still do production for the current WRC cars. Last I heard for a straight cut sequential gearbox for the ST185 it ran around $30k American...for a used one.

d1alltrac

Conrad_Turbo":244j3eod said:
Mafix":244j3eod said:
XTRAC made them for the ST185 and they currently still do production for the current WRC cars. Last I heard for a straight cut sequential gearbox for the ST185 it ran around $30k American...for a used one.

:shock: $30k used? :shock:

935motorsports

I wonder if you could take the 6 spd celica internals and put them into our gearbox, someone put a 3SGT into a 2000 Celica w/ 6 speed.

But why?

If you wanted shorter gear ratios, you could have your tranny custom worked over.

MrWOT

I want just the opposite, slightly taller gears for more top end and cruising. Or just adding a wide 6th to the existing gearing would be fine. It's just that the drone of 4k rpm grates after a while when going up/down I5.

killer_siller

i found a company, though i don't remember where, that did the 6spd 7th gen guts into the sw20 tranny housing. if i remember right the sw20 is in the same tranny family as the 5th gen celica (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

anyway, i bet you could do a guts swap (and get the sw20 torsen lsd in there while your at it).