swapping 3sgte into st184, pressure plate question

i currently just purchased a jdm 3sgte for a 90-93 st185 from japandomesticmotor.com and ive been thinking bout what im going to do with the pressure plate. currently i have the 5sfe motor with the s53 transmission. the clutch kit i have on right now is centerforce dual friction clutch and pressure plate for the 5sfe. im going to be using the 5sfe centerforce clutch that i have on there right now but i dont know if i should buy the centerforce 3sgte pressure plate or just keep the stock plate that im receiving with the motor. should i purchase the 3sgte pressure plate from centerforce or keep the oem plate? whats the difference with the pressure plates and if its worth buying a new one from centerforce. thanks for the suggestions.
bong

Smaay

i dont know if the 5S pressure plate bolts up to the 3S crank...im pretty sure it dosent...and if the bolt pattern is the same, i dont think the pressure plate patter is...so you might be able to use the same clutch disk, but i would get a 3S pressure plate...good luck

sorry if you misunderstood what i was trying to say...ur right that the 5s plate doesnt mate with the 3s crank but my concern was the difference with the pressure plates, the 3s oem one and the 3s aftermarket one.. and if its worth buying a new one from centerforce or keeping the one that i get with the jdm motor. thanks for the suggestions again
bong

the first few things im planning on are a turbo xs rfl BOV, 3 inch mandrel bent piping, i already have the apexi dunk exhaust, turbo xs boost controller, fuel pump, wires and plugs...im planning on doing more in the future but i have to take care of these first...i guess i should get the centerforce pressure plate because im planning on adding some power to it

The 5S pressure plate is smaller, you will have to use the 3S-GTE flywheel and PP with the 3S-GTE. It seems that you already know you need the S-53 clutch disc as well. IMO, the OEM 3S-GTE PP is strong enough for stock to moderate boost (definately less than 300 whp), but if you want more, get an upgraded one. I have the CAP pressure plate in my car, and i love it. Its not much stiffer than stock, and it feels like it grips much better.

I called centerforce today and they do not sell the PP itself so i guess im going to have to get the CAP PP and mate it with my centerfoce clutch disc i already have.
On CAP's site the order number for a 5sfe and the 3sgte PP's are the same....http://www.capclutch.com/celica.html

Celica 4cyl 2.2L 90-98 (9-3/8") (CA720HP)$109.00
Celica 4cyl 2.0L 90-94 Turbo (9-3/8") (CA720HP)$109.00

thats akward i guess they've made a mistake