No more 5th gear?

saved_1992

the techs at work say that on some trannys the 5th gear is accessible if you remove that cover, but none would say for sure on the alltrac.

if you can remove the cover somewhat easily, you could look inside

Terboman

Gary":3m5jtqtd said:
LOL Lee, JB Weld rules! :D
If it could fix a tranny, I probably buy a case of it and make my own custom manifold. :D

LOL. I know...I know. JB Weld is good stuff.

Today... I've decided to donate 10 bucks to the Replace Kev's Tranny Fund. Let's all band together to help him. This obviously is the terroristic work of some jealous Honda owner with a large hammer. I don't work for CSI but the pictures speak for themselves.

pog0

Mike,

Yeah, I was told that 5th gear is accessible if you remove the cover. BUT... 5th gear aint my only problem. I have a problem of getting into Reverse also. I talked to the mechanic and he goes if it was 5th gear, he wouldnt need to pull the tranny, but since its both 5th and R, he will need to pull the tranny out. So I said ok, I will bring a Flywheel for you guys to install too. I bought that flywheel on eBay for 208 shipped, not bad for a certified flywheel that's Chromoly. Hopefully it does more good than bad.

Lee,

LOL, I emailed you back, you fuckin crack me up dude. Thanks for the donation.

Chris,

I still got your mount, still not put in. :D Dont worry, I will get that over to you when I FINALLLLLLLY get it in. But, I am just going to repair the gears since I had NO problems with the tranny before this happened. I was planning on getting a used tranny from Venus, but then I thought... I have no idea if this guy who had it before me abused the shit out of it or if it is in 'good' condition. I rather not take that risk and just fix the one I have so I dont have to go through this BS again.

I just know, if I have another serious problem, the car is going to be sold. I can't afford all this shit anymore. But hopefully nothing goes wrong for a while. I want to save up and paint the car but doesn't look like that will happen as soon as I planned.