Found a couple sites for hks exhaust

big_c_tothe_z

www.2kracing.com and www.prostreetonline.com have hks hi-power exhaust for $568 shipped and $527 w/o shipping. I know some people have been looking for this exhaust and these are the best prices I have found so far. $710 at the hks site. Also I was planning on ordering the aussie midpipe with high flow cat and was wondering if it would be worth it to spend the extra $$ on stainless steel. thx

RIalltrac

the only part of my aussie system thats stainless is the cat back portion. Other than that everything is mild steel, less likely to crack. I didnt know they even offered the mp in ss. (I could be totally off on this but I doubt it)

killer_siller

they offer everything but the dp

is that HKS just cat-back?

that's more than the aussie if it is

if not i might go for it...

65mm is only 2.5" though...

BraveUlysses

The old Hi-Power was 60 or 65mm, but it was discontinued and replaced with the new Silent Hi-Power, which is 75mm piping and a 120mm tip.

If I had the choice and finances for it, I would sell my Aussie mild steel catback and replace it with the Silent Hi-Power.

four twenty

The HKS Hi-Performance (silent or whatever it's being called) exhaust system will fit on the 165 but you'll have to either bend or cut the (muffler side) tow bar to completely clear the HKS cannister. The mid-pipe section is a bit tight but very doable (you can fabricate a 'Home Depot' spacer or something).

Stubble

According to the aussie website, the DP is only available in mild steel. Maybe they used to offer a SS pipe, but discontinued it?

pog0

BraveUlysses":2n5k6g0y said:
The old Hi-Power was 60 or 65mm, but it was discontinued and replaced with the new Silent Hi-Power, which is 75mm piping and a 120mm tip.

If I had the choice and finances for it, I would sell my Aussie mild steel catback and replace it with the Silent Hi-Power.

My HKS is a Hi-Power and is 75mm. NONE of the HKS Hipers / Hi-Power / Whatever were 65mm. The only was that was 65mm was the HKS Sport.

alltracman78

Stubble":1enl8qov said:
According to the aussie website, the DP is only available in mild steel. Maybe they used to offer a SS pipe, but discontinued it?
Dunno, I thought mine was ss, not positive. It's been 2 yrs. :shrug:

killer_siller

aussie no longer offers the downpipe in stainless steel. whether they did before, i don't know. their reasoning is that mild steel is less likely to crack under the extreme heats that are put on a dp (i'm sure everyone has seen pictures of, or witnessed a glowing dp). whereas stainless steel will crack (bad thing no matter how you look at it).