Do it yourself Straight intake..*warning pics are fairly big

celica_gtx

so for a while ive been on the hunt to make my own straight intake..
well i finally found a intake to mod. to make a straight intake..

96-04 mustang intake has the 2bungs needed. all u need to do is cut it..
the couplers in the kit fit..one of them u need to clamp down good and it all works..
but i didnt use the intake in the kit. bc it pretty big..

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ramairkit-9603gt.html
IMG_0631.jpg

as u can tell in this pic one of the bungs is bigger than the other.. a lil bit of spit and force it made it on
IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

i had bought this kit from ebay. i got mine for $10 and 11 to ship.. bidding war and i came out on top..
but go out and pick up 3ft of rubber hose for the bungs. ull have some left over..

and u can have urself some intake..

this is just wut i did! car runs smooth and turbo spool sound great!!

lemme know wut u guys think!

mike325ci

great idea~~ some of just don't have ready access to a welder that can make those two bungs for us, so this is the way to go for us... very nice~

celica_gtx

Rick89GTS":13zogb6s said:
Nice, cheap mod, but the site says it's discontinued?

Does it? Well I got mine of ebay. So keep a eye on there.
I put that site up as a referance so u guys can see wut I was workin with

Simba

It's a really good idea to solder those AFM harness extension wires, rather than use crimp connectors. You really don't want any voltage loss or iffy connections to the AFM. Also a very good idea to sheath the wires.

celica_gtx

Simba":2bdbises said:
It's a really good idea to solder those AFM harness extension wires, rather than use crimp connectors. You really don't want any voltage loss or iffy connections to the AFM. Also a very good idea to sheath the wires.

Yea. I don't have access to one right now. So its just a quick fix for the time being...

Sang

mike325ci":2507m4vh said:
great idea~~ some of just don't have ready access to a welder that can make those two bungs for us, so this is the way to go for us... very nice~

If you don't have a welder near you, a rubber grommet works just as well as long as it's a tight seal.