ACT Clutch

alltracst185

gt4gordon":vubn6zp6 said:
It the 6 puck extreme I think all go for. Has anyone used this and what do they think of it?
I had one recently and it wasn't bad at all. I'm using another one until i save money for a twin disc.

gt4gordon

On my last 185 I had an exzdy twin plate clutch and flywheel but don't really want to spent uk £1000 on a clutch if I can help it. And the 6 puck xt says it can handle 645lbft. Only thing I worry is how long will it last In an every day driver.

timmey

I am also interested in the 6 puck HD or XT, but am wondering if the jump to Twin Disc is worth it. The torque ratings are good, just how long will it last?

Timmey

sMARTINside

In my opinion, an unsprung clutch would be too harsh when accelerating from stopped, on a daily driven car, so I would leave the 6-puck aside. As the HD Street Clutch has springs, I would go for that one.

timmey

I might just save up for a twin disc. My buddy say's he'll only do my clutch once cause he hates doing them on our cars. :wink:

Expensive stuff though. I want an OS Giken STR...

Timmey

Celi-GT4

I had a act6 puck on my car prior and it held power and drove nice. heavy pedal feel though. I now have a os twin plate on a thrird gen swap,drives like stock verynice. I am selling the act 6puck hd unsprung used 600miles. 100plus shipping if anyone wants to give one a try. pm me

derek1

had the six puck clutch on the stock flywheel, very hard bite, but wasnt very practical for street use. pulled motor and put in act lightweight flywheel and act street performance clutch, feels great. you have to pay up a bit but i love it.

sentraman

I have the ACT HD 6puck sprung and it feels great, the pedal pressure has not changed much and engagement feels like it wants to grab hard. I wouldn't go with anything less than a 6puck.

RafaCalde

6 puck sprung is the way to go. despite what people say, it's a very easy setup to drive even in traffic. just a matter of getting used to it. slips very well, just make sure you get extend push rod for the slave cylinder.

mick_larouche

I need a new clutch for my 3rd gen too. I dont wanna change my clutch every 5 000km and I dont want to spent 1200$ in a clutch..

I think that I will buy the ACT Clutch Kit (HD/Race Sprung 6 Pad Disc, and probably a fidanza flywheel http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/ACT-TC4-HDG6

whats about the ACT flywheel vs fidanza flywheel ? I dont trust Ebay, where you bought your ACT clutch kit ?

around 350 hp max for me...

sentraman

We bought our clutch from a local shop.

You can get it from a reliable source like KORACING.net or ATSracing.net