3sge cam swap

Allt88

I need help on that one too! I bought 2 third gen 3sge intake with adjustable cam gear. If someone can provide more info on how to set up timing properly and what's the best set up for cam gear it would be really appreciated...

thanks!!

carfunatic

well i think both of us are just trying to make sure because we would be using 2 intake cams that normally are staggered with a lower duration cam. i just want to make sure that i get the info before i start on anything that major because im going to pull the motor to do it and do the oil pump, clutch/flywheel, water pump... well pretty much anything i can replace because i dont know when it was done on this car because i havent had it very long. i dont even know how many Km are on it because i have 2 diff gauge clusters. better safe then sorry cuz the car needs to last me 3 maybe six years well how ever long im on okinawa.

Allt88

Now i installed my 2 intake cams from a gen3 3sge in my second gen 3sgte head but I continued to be worried about this set up... any info?

tw2

Allt88":1ayl33tw said:
Now i installed my 2 intake cams from a gen3 3sge in my second gen 3sgte head but I continued to be worried about this set up... any info?
You will not have any troubles. Did your cams come from an automatic or manual car? they are different. You can install them straight up. Otherwise to do it properly you need adjustable cam gears, a degree wheel and enjoy learning the fun skill or dialing in cams (not fun). I used gen 2 3sge cams. They are slightly more advanced on the intake and slightly retarded on the exhaust if you install them with the stock gears. This tends to be more favourable anyway so not a problem.