New Borg Warner EFR Series

abraxxa

@Hic: I'm ordering one 3S-GTE Gen 3 with direct fire ignition and a suitable EFR turbo for good spoolup.

CSAlltrac

Ive decided that this is the turbo Im going with. I have a few questions for you out there that might know more about it. First, Im going to go with the EFR 6758 it is perfect for the numbers I want. The thing that I cant decide on is if I should go with the .64 A/R with the single scroll, or get the T4 twin scroll housing. The twin scroll housing is obviously more appealing to me since our manifolds are already port matched but will the larger .92 A/R defeat the purpose of trying to spool quicker than the smaller single scroll housing? Any input here would help me greatly, I already have a manifold adapter for the T25 single scroll housing but Im really wanting to go with the TS setup.

Hic

there is no other than 0.64. BW didn't do it.

6758 is a mismatch between compressor and turbine size.

6258 is perfect ratio and on 21psi will give 440fhp, 365whp.

CSAlltrac

But how fast does it spool, does it make all our power at the top. I dont want to lose to much of my spool time. If it were .64 in TS I would be all over it I just don't think the spooling will be very good. The other option I'm looking at is the AGP delta 46. It's a ball bearing turbo with a T3 .55 TS hotside.

l0ch0w

I have solidworked a bracket for the internally wg twin scroll t4 EFR's to fit on the stock manifold... wonder if anybody would have a use for that...

camry90

Hic":spfj0oxs said:
there is no other than 0.64. BW didn't do it.

6758 is a mismatch between compressor and turbine size.

6258 is perfect ratio and on 21psi will give 440fhp, 365whp.

is the 7064 a good match?

abraxxa

@magnum: have you already installed the EFR7064? If yes what's your experience?
My tuner suggested an EFR6758 for about 400 engine HP with 2.2l and good spoolup but the current delivery time is 4-8 MONTH!

magnum

Still in the manifold build stage. I have to swap to my built engine, build a mid pipe, intercooler pipe work and get it tuned. I'm looking to be done by April sometime.

Hic

abraxxa":lyuj57h5 said:
@magnum: have you already installed the EFR7064? If yes what's your experience?
My tuner suggested an EFR6758 for about 400 engine HP with 2.2l and good spoolup but the current delivery time is 4-8 MONTH!

7064 is more likely to be a good match. 6758 will suffocate up top.

Hic

I have 7064 twin scroll 1.05 in stock. and also 2 pieces of 8374 T3 0.83. But ppl like these and I can sell it any minute for real.