Quiet performance muffler?

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

Re: Quiet performance muffler?

Postby Insanity-74 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Jetex are very good if you can find one. Had two on various cars, good exhaust note without being too overpowering.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Follow my GT4 rebuild on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/EONRacing/
Insanity-74
Club Member

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am

phattyduck wrote:The secret to quiet with flow is volume (lots of muffler volume). If you are doing custom, go for a 3" muffler in the normal location, another 3" muffler in the rear resonator spot and as big of a resonator in secondary cat location as you can fit. Offset in / center out would quiet it down more than center-in / center-out. A turbo car with three perforated (not louvered) straight through mufflers should be pretty quiet but still flow very well. I have always been partial to magnaflow mufflers when doing custom stuff.

-Charlie

BACK from the dEaD. For those who search this in the future.

My setup: 3" downpipe back, 24'magnaflow bullet muffler (perforated glasspack looking), High flow cat, Magnaflow straight through perforated offset muffler 14', mandrel bends, flex piece, all soft mounts and basic 3' chrome tip to look stock like. I would not say quiet but deep melow.. For 3' it is quiet with no droneing on the highway. Flow should be great. Total cost 475 from local shop.

~James
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby CMS-GT4 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Got video to go with it?
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Hotrodhendrix » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Yeha I need to get one. Although its hard to tell on the phone I may just have to use that. Everyone will hear my suspension noise though.. :doh:
"The more you let life's obstacles slow you down the longer it will take to defeat them."
~Yours truly
Hotrodhendrix
GTFour God

Postby DTE » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:08 am

Anybody know where to get an RSR Exmag muffler? Or know anybody selling one? All i can find is cat back systems for other cars or the Exmag GTII. I want to keep the stock look with a little deeper sound but not attract every cop in the neighborhood. Thanks. (sorry for jacking the thread, figured since its related no need for a new thread).
Devin
88 Celica All trac
DTE

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby 94 MR2 Turbo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:22 am

I would not recommend the HKS quiet power exhuast for being quiet.... I have a ko dp, TF mid-pipe and a hks slient power exhuast.. And it's damm loud..

im looking into cutting out the hks muffler and installing a apexi ws2 muffler. I want to know if anyone else has had any experance with this muffler? the case seems like the largest and best looking i could find with tip included.
94 MR2 Turbo
Club Member

Postby celicast184 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:22 am

we had the apexi ws2 put on my bro n laws turbo integra with straight 2.5" piping with no cats, resonators, just pipe and muffler. it was realllly quiet!!! try it out.
I <3 MY ST214
celicast184
Club Member

Postby 94 MR2 Turbo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Yeah I'm going to try it out once I'm done with my 205 swap. I hope this works out.
94 MR2 Turbo
Club Member

Previous

Return to Performance and Power