Custom head shield/ box for straight turbo intake

celigts

Well kind of good news for you guys haha

I was laid off yesterday from my welding job so ill have tons of time to make these parts :) just need to make my way to my parents place to use there tools now. Hoping to have an update by sunday but i will by next weekend as far as progress goes.

Opinions please guys....
-make it 4 sides? so just try and fit the side to curve with the area and the fender hole side open? or make it practically an enclosed box except for the stock fender intake hole side. ? ( if it doesnt matter then we will see how well things go from now on and how usefull it will be to have the bottom or not)

-make the maf attatched to the box is what i was thinking. sadly wont have access to a tig now but once i have the pieces ill find a shop to do it or i can just send it over unassembled and have it like a small half done diy thing haha

oh and list yourselves who have claimed 1 of the 5 kits

1. TXCajunman
2. Boo_Guy
3. Underscore
4. Caconman424

Boo_Guy

Sorry to hear about the layoff. Hopefully you'll find another job before EI runs out, might end up being a nice little vacation just as the weather is warming up though. :D

I like the idea of 4 sides, being completely closed off from the rest of the engine bay. But 3 would seem simpler to do and less materials needed.

Were you thinking of attaching the maf inside or outside the box? Would be nice to be able to hide that ugly looking thing inside. :p

ZeroDrift

Here is a setup I did for my better half's car a while back. Perhaps it can give you some inspiration.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t143276 ... n-box.html

dsc0596k.jpg

dsc0595o.jpg

ZeroDrift

celigts

Well so far I've got the layout pretty figured out. Might need a friend or have to send my parts to have them tiged up but otherwise it's going slowly.

Made the side wall today and I'll post pics of it when I get to a computer. Would have finished with the cover but my buddies di-grinder cutting disc sucks! Takes forever to cut this material. I feel this is a good step forward. Might do more tomorrow depending how me and my friend are feeling.

Oh and temporarily turned my hood vents on the drivers side to scoop air instead of pulling air to push more towards the finger in the bay. :) thought it was a good idea :)

celigts

pics for everyone

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 1,408
  • IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 1,405

celigts

more :)

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 1,405

celigts

last few...

the side is just an inch or so to high so the top sits crooked. It took forever to cut the side out cuz my buddy didnt have a power grinder and only a di-grinder so the soft material just doesnt cut as fast as steel lol.

Next and hopefully this week ill have the top cut. Ime beginning to see i may and may not have enough material for this so if i run out then ill have the dimensions made up and leave it to anyone to make themselves. Maybe if interest is there we can the this design and make a CF one by making a mold.

Plans plans, Ideas ideas.... they never end!

Attachments

• IMG_1059.jpg
    IMG_1059.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 1,898
  • IMG_1060.jpg
    IMG_1060.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 1,898
  • IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 1,898

celigts

Told you guys ideas just never end haha

I'm thinking of taking this to another level. After seeing the arc tmic I got the idea to make a fender box with a 2.5 or 3" pipe for you to route the rest where you want. The idea would be to make a3 sided box and cut the pipe at something like a 45 or more to have more focus on the pipe to have a better cold air suction. That's the idea.

Also cut the top plate to fit now and it's lookin good :)

Also this pic is just a half-ass lay of what it's gonna look like. The maf will be on the outside of the box just so we don't have to extend the maf wires.

Also I may have to charge for these. I'm running out of material but we will see how things go as I'm not working right now so hard to put the money into this. Time I can but money is the problem.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334787928.914009.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334787928.914009.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,869

celigts

Haha that does basically look like mine except mine isn't chrome. I like the aluminum finish on mine. Sadly can't seem to find anyone to tig my box anymore since I lost my job so it's on hold :'(

celigts

Found someone to my tig welding :) meeting with him Friday and might have the box welded and on the right track to being finished.

Gonna talk to him about the costs and such. If it turns out I have to say free won't be in the picture just because my material is almost used. Made some parts for my buddies miata.

When this is done I'll update and get quotes