• i dont think so

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • not a chance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • its not worth the work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

donnyavery

ok well i had a idea and was wondering what yous think and any opinions you might have i have been looking for a cheap way to improve turbo response of a cheap mbc or this way a cheap brass hard ware store valve would work too but any one who has used one knows the it will cause you system to build more boost but at a slower rate and a wastegate with no boost controller will start bleeding boost off before you make max boost (the cracking point of the wg) so i was thinking if i take the stock tvsv (sens every one bypasses it to make more boost) and wiring it to a boost switch ebay for like 20$ like the one that comes with the water/meth kits so you open it at say 3 pounds of boost before your max setting so that way the turbo dont have to over come the boost leak(mbc) to build max boost i think this would improve response a lot i mocked up a the tvsv so you can see what i mean the hose at the top ov the pic would be from the ic piping and the hose at the bottom of the pic would go to wastgate and the one to the left would bleed to the air

Attachments

• 10012011_001.jpg
    10012011_001.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 703

celicat93

I bought an AEM Tru-Boost EBC for $240 shipped via a shop I found on Google. It achieves this purpose. Surely you can save that kind of money.

donnyavery

well i might be able to save up that kind of money it would take me months(i have 2 kids a mortgage and more bills then pay check and my side work is getting slow i have been trying to come up with the money for a hg and studs for like 2 months now) any who that and i love diy projects my mk1mr2 drag car was one big diy project and thats why i bought this as a toy to tinker with

klue

The boost leak your referring to the turbo having to over come is hugely insignificant. If your using a bleeding type valve the amount of air that is let out is incredibly small. If you get a good MBC it will creep open slightly before you hit your boost threshold

donnyavery

ya but with my lager turbo lag is already increased and add that to the mbc bleeding boost.
MBC it will creep open slightly before you hit your boost threshold
and as for the mbc opening at the boost thresh hold being that most a ball and spring you would have to change out springs to get it to open at the right time most of the mbc's i have tested open at like 2-3 psi so if your running say 16psi you got to build 13 psi of boost why over coming the the bleed off from the the mbc and as for the mbc not bleeding a lot of boost if your running stock wastgate (im not but if you were) to get that 16 psi from the stock 8psi your mbc will have to bleed off a substantially more boost so the turbo would have to overcome alot more right?
please correct me if my thought is flawed

klue

Donny
Which MBC have you tested? 2-3 PSI is quite low. You also have the option of removing the spring completely, if you boost is not spiking you can run it this way too. The bleed of is insignificant, the hole of the bleeder is probably 1/16" which is impossible for it to affect your turbo response. You probably have a larger boost leak somewhere else in your system.

I use the turbosmart gates, small, cheap, effective. Used them all the way up to 24 psi no problems, Let me know if you would like one :)

concealer404

Ehhhh.... i've experienced first hand that a normal bleeder-type boost controller affects spool in a negative manner when compared to a proper ball/spring MBC.

Spool up is slower, then often will overshoot. It's not as precise.

That said, i think the OP is trying to answer a question nobody asked.