light weight flywheel on st185?

Smaay

Terracar":2rfzvxn9 said:
I use a Jun Ultralight f/w (10.2lbs IIRC compared to the 14lb stocker - I have the exact weights in my project thread) with the CM FX300 and it does pretty well for a 3500lb pig off the line.

-Terracar
no way does the stock flywheel weight 14lbs, its more like 19-20lbs

concealer404

Smaay":1dhpgh4w said:
Terracar":1dhpgh4w said:
I use a Jun Ultralight f/w (10.2lbs IIRC compared to the 14lb stocker - I have the exact weights in my project thread) with the CM FX300 and it does pretty well for a 3500lb pig off the line.

-Terracar
no way does the stock flywheel weight 14lbs, its more like 19-20lbs

That sounds a bit more believable. The flywheel i pulled out of my V6 MX3 parts car weighed 13-14lbs, and that's pretty much the lightest stock flywheel i've ever personally seen.

$1200alltrac

smaay, you really have a 97 supra? and i will southbend clutch tommorrow, because it needs to be changed, any adivce on where to get the tensioner, belt, and water pump? auto...dumb bitches...aint got nothin other then the timing belt..witch is only 20... id like to put something a little more high quality then 18. 99 to protect my motor lol.

Flying Bajan

You can get the gearbox off and the clutch changed with out tooooooo much difficulty if you leave the engine installed..... the difficulty (near damn well impossibility, but not quite) comes in getting the bleeding gearbox back on...... Take my advice and that of every one else.... drop the engine. You'll be VERYYYYYYYY glad that you did.

derek1

I used a combination of a lightweight ACT flywheel & ACT clutch, feels great. really grabs hard. definitely had to pay up, but you get what you pay for. if your going to tear into your car that deep, spend the few extra hundred dollars and make it last.

$1200alltrac

You guyed were right..:( ended up having to drop the motor to. Lol oh well, good thing I did tho because the pulleys forbthe timing belt are dry, and the water pump is leaking a tiny bit on the bottom, and the belt looks like its never been changed. Lol... anyone have a write up with pictures on where tdc is? I have my cam dots at 12 , and crank key is lined up around 11 with a line on the oil pump. Gonna pull the plugs today and put a long sqrewdriver in there, ..which cylinder is no1?

klue

cylinder at the front of the engine is number 1 :shock: (where the crank pulley is)

Clutches your going to get 10 different opinions, Ive used at least 15 or so different ones. Stick with he big names clutchmaster, act, bully, and you wont be disappointed

$1200alltrac

Went with a southbend clutch. Fit awesomely. Stage 1 heavy duty clutch for 262 with flywheel resurface and tax included. Now( update)have car will be done by tomorrow night. Got everything new on timing side....except the oil pump