problem with code 34-35.

derek1

update on problem. took out all trac repair manual i got at work, and ran some tests. i got my vacuum pump and applied to the boost pressure sensor and with ignition on with a couple t-pins in the back of the ecu, it'll give different voltages according to what vacuum your applying. I applied maximum vacuum on the chart, and it was suppose to drop from 5V to anywhere between 3.2V and 3.5V. I only got a .4V drop, it was at 4.6V. I'm starting to believe I have a bad pressure sensor. I've ohmed all the wires between the computer and sensor, all acceptable resistance.

88gt4DE

I have another one to look at myself then , Brothers hits fuel cut fast just like yours but mine doesnt do it ... Only difference is exhaust. I had actually talked to him about swapping sensors to see if it would fix his car recently ...

derek1

thats weird man. ya if you guys swapped sensors and it fixed it it'd be great if you could let me know.

88gt4DE

alltrac1":5u3l8o2t said:
thats weird man. ya if you guys swapped sensors and it fixed it it'd be great if you could let me know.

I had planned to do it just cause im curious , Prol wont happen till after Christmas sometime but I'll let ya know ... Doesnt take long I know , he's just not around the corner from me anymore ....

derek1

oh ya i understand, i was actually lookin for a couple people with all tracs that had a similar problem and would swap sensors. i wanna be sure its the sensor before i drop 250 bucks for a new one :shock: