For those with custom 3" st185 full exhaust

awolo

Id def be interested in a catback/catless exhaust system.

To be honest though, I would never spend more then $500 on a full system. That's just me.

KORacing":29hr5az7 said:
I'll be making a full SS system for the 185 out of 3" pipe for two cars here in the shop currently (one is my wife's 90 that's been sitting here neglected for going on 6 years since we bought it), and was looking to making a production piece. I guess what is the price that people would be willing to pay for a quality made piece? I'm sure I could do it for less out of mild steel and just painted. The mufflers would be Magnaflow or Vibrant. Catalytic converters would be Magnaflow/Carsound if you required one.

what?! Kris is going to make a full 3in turbo back for a car that has low such a low production? That might not be profitable but I know you will make a wonderful peice. I wouldn't mind trading my setup for a complete KORACING setup. Could you make sure its just not to loud? everytime I upgraded something on my exhuast side it just got louder and louder. but thats the nature of the beast. =)

back to the thread... i paid a lot for a complete 3in back setup. the mid pipe alone was 650 new i think? the hks exhuast was 440 new . and the ko down pipe was 150 used. overall 1240. wow I really shouldnt have added that up. i dont want to think how much that costed. but of course i did it in stages.

Terracar

KORacing":2ajpjoe3 said:
I'll be making a full SS system for the 185 out of 3" pipe for two cars here in the shop currently (one is my wife's 90 that's been sitting here neglected for going on 6 years since we bought it), and was looking to making a production piece. I guess what is the price that people would be willing to pay for a quality made piece? I'm sure I could do it for less out of mild steel and just painted. The mufflers would be Magnaflow or Vibrant. Catalytic converters would be Magnaflow/Carsound if you required one.

I pestered you guys forever for the mid-pipe. :evil: While it didn't work out and I was able to organize a MP GB with Track Forged, I am glad to see you guys entertain the idea.

As for what people would pay I don't know about others, but having just had a full 3" system built in Oct using magnaflow and Vibrant components, I would expect and be willing to pay between $1-1,200. This may be more than what others are willing to pay, but I am willing to pay for quality and proper fitment. Of course this is a moot point as #1 I already have a system and #2 the 'trac was in a wreck.

-Terracar

KORacing

Terracar":3b1xjojt said:
KORacing":3b1xjojt said:

I pestered you guys forever for the mid-pipe. :evil: While it didn't work out and I was able to organize a MP GB with Track Forged, I am glad to see you guys entertain the idea.

As for what people would pay I don't know about others, but having just had a full 3" system built in Oct using magnaflow and Vibrant components, I would expect and be willing to pay between $1-1,200. This may be more than what others are willing to pay, but I am willing to pay for quality and proper fitment. Of course this is a moot point as #1 I already have a system and #2 the 'trac was in a wreck.

-Terracar

I have always been willing to do this, and I believe I've told anyone interested to get a group of people together that were willing to pay and show me the money. No one ever did. :shrug:

Sorry to hear about your wreck.

underscore

94 MR2 Turbo":2zkte6z3 said:
KORacing":2zkte6z3 said:

what?! Kris is going to make a full 3in turbo back for a car that has low such a low production? That might not be profitable but I know you will make a wonderful peice. I wouldn't mind trading my setup for a complete KORACING setup. Could you make sure its just not to loud? everytime I upgraded something on my exhuast side it just got louder and louder. but thats the nature of the beast. =)

back to the thread... i paid a lot for a complete 3in back setup. the mid pipe alone was 650 new i think? the hks exhuast was 440 new . and the ko down pipe was 150 used. overall 1240. wow I really shouldnt have added that up. i dont want to think how much that costed. but of course i did it in stages.

that's cheap, the HKS axleback is ~$1000 now (rip off)

Brad_91

I got my HKS axle-back for $600 shipped to Canada last winter.. I had to look around a lot but found that price. Overall I have put around $1200 for the whole 3inch exhaust.
$600 for cat-back
$300 for TF mid-pipe
~$300 for the Berk DP + installed.

I am certainly glad with the quality, and fitment certainly was not an issue like with some of the cheaper eBay stuff :D