Help needed, car finally died, error codes 12, 13

blk_panther

Last night I was slowing to a red light, let go of the throttle and the car died. All of the electronics work, but it sounds like it might not be getting a spark. I pulled the codes and got numbers 12 and 13 (No Ne or G signal to ECU). I'm not even sure where to start with this, other than to pull the intake and look at wiring. I'm still new to the 3SGTE (gen 1) and a bit unfamiliar with the distributor/ECU circuits. Any thoughts, they would be appreciated?

blk_panther

Ive heard the wires can crack from the distributor. I checked all of those and followed it back as far as I could see. they all look good. Right now I'm leaning towards a bad distributor. I'll check grounds at the ECU next, but I think I might just have to break down and have diagnostics check done.

blk_panther

I tested the coil and the primary is too high resistance (about 0.8ohms instead of 0.4-0.5ohms). The secondary I got 11.7kohms. So I'm not sure if that's the the problem here. I was going to test the signal generator, but I can't get the plug off.

blk_panther

it was a little corroded but didnt look too bad. I replaced cap, rotor, and Coil. None of which solved my problem. Which means its probably either the distributor itself, signal generator, ignitor, or the ECU.

Update:

Pulled the distributor out and found the keys that connect with the camshaft had sheared off. Replaced distributor, works better than ever.