What are the best fitting downpipes?

2_Liter_Turbo":15h80x4d said:
JamesDeane":15h80x4d said:
I've had a berk dp in place for over 40k km on my car and it has held up fine, fitments great. I used it with my stock ct26 and then the ct20b i've had on there for 25k km

What did you do about the A/C lines and oil dipstick? I read that those are the only fitment issues with the berk pipe.

Bent the dipstick slightly and also the a/c line. I have now removed the a/c though so the line is no longer an issue. Kind of pointless in canada imo.

SleepingTurbo

ive got an aussie three inch and i have to say its awesome. but i do want to modify the top of the pipe so it runs like an external wastegate dump. all that would need to be done would to have the top part of a supra divorced downpipe welded to the top of mine.

underscore

2_Liter_Turbo":2s5u2zpn said:
underscore":2s5u2zpn said:
I find it interesting how people talked about how great the Berk is when it doesn't even clear in the stock engine bay?

It was designed for an MR2 which has its dipstick in a different location. A buddy of mine has one on his MR2, and it has a great fit and looks like a very well made piece. It's the best DP I have seen for a 3S in terms of quality manufacturing.

Ah gotcha, that makes sense then.

96stgreendemon

Best one I've found is made by berk technology. Great flow, integrated flex pipe in the DP, and bungs already welded in for wideband and o2 sensors.

woot woot

Just wondering since i have still to install my berk dp. How much do you have to bend the ac lines and how and what would you use?

captaingowa

Aussie Downpipe on my car works as it should.. my favorite attribute is the abundance of 02 sensor bungs.

though on the issue of selection based on reputation..

The SS Auto bits are pretty good, their reputation fell under much scrutiny for premature cracking stainless turbo manifolds..that were priced in the $250 range, not their down pipes.

In my eyes there is no best.. the majority all look similar, your quality will be in the craftsmanship and material selection..

belanger33

96stgreendemon":383yzy3g said:
Best one I've found is made by berk technology. Great flow, integrated flex pipe in the DP, and bungs already welded in for wideband and o2 sensors.
Can't agree more, i have Berk 3 inch ceramic coated DP and couldn't be more satisfied! I still have my A/C with it so i suppose the line could be move causing no problem to it. Berk ftw!