Mishimoto st185

klue

this filler neck leaking was a common problem. I have welded a few of them on different models including the alltrac for this same reason. They have since revised the design, the caps are also improved. I use the 18psi cap with no issues.

They now also have a high flow fan which is good for our hot running cars. I have not tried it out but the testing seems good. They have come a long way in terms of product quality over the past few years.

If anyone is interested in making a purchase or needs help getting there rad replaced please contact me, xiiimotorsports is an authorized vendor here and I deal with mishimoto regularly.

alltracman78

CSAlltrac":3tr8ee0n said:
I'm using the stock fan, it bolts right on with little effort.

Do you have any pictures of that? And where did you buy yours from? The Mishimoto I got [Amazon] wasn't even close. The mounting holes didn't line up and they held the fan too far away from the radiator.

klue

alltracman78":2yv3cd80 said:
CSAlltrac":2yv3cd80 said:

Do you have any pictures of that? And where did you buy yours from? The Mishimoto I got [Amazon] wasn't even close. The mounting holes didn't line up and they held the fan too far away from the radiator.

You got an older model, this is something else that has been revised. Slim fans FTW

alltracman78

klue":1zv189hs said:
alltracman78":1zv189hs said:
CSAlltrac":1zv189hs said:

You got an older model, this is something else that has been revised. Slim fans FTW

Interesting..... I just ordered it spring of 14; and I had direct contact with Mishimoto about the problem [they weren't very helpful].

I like my stock fan because i have an RC fan [more fan blades and a stronger motor] so I have better "performance" with stock reliability.
You're sure the current radiators will allow the fan to bolt right up? I wouldn't mind a better radiator.

klue

Maybe I am incorrect but are the fans different bolt pattern? I haven't had anyone say the fans dont fit, and I sell quite a few of the rads.

CSAlltrac

When I say they fit with little effort, I view it as little effort. All I did was drill new holes and cut off a portion of the bottom. The bottom does not bolt directly to the radiator but instead I used a spring to apply enough pressure that holds the fan to the radiator. Some may not like the "cleanliness" of this method but I have been running this for years now with zero issues