HKS PFC F-CON / SSQV

Akihero

Hey i just got my hands on a HKS PFC F-CON :D for the st185 model all trac and i was wondering if there is anything special i should know about and are there big limitations to putting this unit in. It was pulled from a half clip. Also i have a FMIC with the adapter tapped off for a bov. I wanted to get a HKS SSQV 4 Blowoff for the car and was wondering if the universal will work or is there a model i should be looking for ? do i have to set anything?

Any help is well appreciated! :notworthy:

concealer404

Blowoff valves are largely universal. :)

Does the FCON have the chip specifically for the ST185?

The FCON in general is a fairly capable piggyback, but old and outdated. It's a PFC, right?

What other mods are done to the car?

Akihero

Yes HKS PFC F-CON for my model car pulled from a half cut, i picked it up for $100 thought can't go wrong for $100 even if its an older system...

the motor was rebuilt by the previous owner, it has:
HKS Valve Springs
Ferrera Valves
Mild head Port/Polish
Ross Pistons
Eagle H-Beam rods
AEM Boost Gauge
AEM wideband gauge
Eibach springs
Greddy Profec B II boost contoller
Fuel Cut Defencer
FMIC
Speed Source motor mounts
Speed Source Crossmember bushings
TWM Short throw shifter
Solid rear differential mount

Installing AEM tru boost guage, Hks Turbo Timer Type-1, this week
also ordering these parts on my next paycheck ATS Racing Fuel Pressure Regulator Modification, ATS Racing Side Feed Fuel Rail, ATS Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

concealer404

With that motor, you really need to be going with a standalone. The PFC by itself likely isn't going to be much help. At the very least you'll also be wanting a GCC.