HKS SSQV recirculate or not?

Akihero

ok i got a hks ssqv and i installed it and i didnt run a recirculation kit and it acts like it wants to back fire and die :x :cry: lol and my wide band readings are totally crazy. So i was wondering why some people have it open with the afm and some have it recirculating with the afm.
And how do you make it so it runs normal open, without a standalone, do i have to soften the bov or is it something else?

Brad_91

sorry, i dont have an answer but im curious to see what others say.. I am thinking about installing one some day.. I've read a bit about it and really all I've gotten is that sometimes it works with the car and sometimes it doesnt handle it well... :shrug:

Corey

The valve is probably releasing far too much air.

May have to adjust the valve so its harder to open - and so it actuates faster :shrug:

I have a TurboXS valve vented to atm. I found it opened far too easily and at low pressures, so even while shifting around town it would cause minor issues.

Never had it stall or backfire though.

Ive since removed the vac line which assists the valve. This means that the pressure has to build to overcome the spring and so it only opens when the boost is maxed.

toyokid

Akihero":3sdol499 said:
ok i got a hks ssqv and i installed it and i didnt run a recirculation kit and it acts like it wants to back fire and die :x :cry: lol and my wide band readings are totally crazy. So i was wondering why some people have it open with the afm and some have it recirculating with the afm.
And how do you make it so it runs normal open, without a standalone, do i have to soften the bov or is it something else?

The problem, I think
is due to the AFM metering intake
then you dump it
meaning the car will run rich.
Which is why I re-circulated.

This will not happen with a standalone ECU.
And I have now fitted a HKS SSQV

Stephen