JDM HKS 'Silent Hi-Power' Catback for ST185

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

Postby BraveUlysses » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:39 pm

Griffin wrote:
BraveUlysses wrote:
Griffin wrote:Toysport is selling it, but they want a grip for it (Like $650) - it look sa lot like the old Hi Power but its stainless.


Well, its full stainless and costs a good chunk less than the Aussie stainless catbacks.


True - just a lot more than the old HiPer system is all.


Lowest price for the HiPer 3" catback I saw was close to 600.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
BraveUlysses
Established Member
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:18 pm
Location: WA

Postby Griffin » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:39 pm

BraveUlysses wrote:
Griffin wrote:
BraveUlysses wrote:
Griffin wrote:Toysport is selling it, but they want a grip for it (Like $650) - it look sa lot like the old Hi Power but its stainless.


Well, its full stainless and costs a good chunk less than the Aussie stainless catbacks.


True - just a lot more than the old HiPer system is all.


Lowest price for the HiPer 3" catback I saw was close to 600.


Toysport sold it for $400
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
User avatar
Griffin
Established Member
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Postby BraveUlysses » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:07 pm

Griffin wrote:
BraveUlysses wrote:
Griffin wrote:
BraveUlysses wrote:
Griffin wrote:Toysport is selling it, but they want a grip for it (Like $650) - it look sa lot like the old Hi Power but its stainless.


Well, its full stainless and costs a good chunk less than the Aussie stainless catbacks.


True - just a lot more than the old HiPer system is all.


Lowest price for the HiPer 3" catback I saw was close to 600.


Toysport sold it for $400


!







(also quoting for the sake of the biggest quoting of quoted quotes)
BraveUlysses
Established Member
 
Posts: 1192
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:18 pm
Location: WA

Postby Wreckless » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:55 pm

Just to clear things up, the HKS Silent Hi-Power came about in the face of tougher noise restrictions in Japan. As such, I believe it will be as quiet as I'm hoping for. Its also a JDM only item, I hope 935 pulls through on getting a few of those.
1987 Supra Turbo 5-spd Hardtop silver/grey, 7M-GTE, 399rwhp, 428rwtq @ 18psi 91 octane.
1995 Supra SE Hardtop - black/black cloth, OBDII USDM 2JZ-GTE/ V160 Getrag.. single, fuel, cams, blahblahblah.
1990 ST185 - maroon/grey cloth. The ex kept it :(
Wreckless
Club Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:09 am
Location: Albuquerque, NM

Postby BayAreaAT® » Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:19 pm

Call the Toysport and tell them your from Alltrac.net
and Chris from San Francisco told you to call them...I got mine for 400.00 Hi power Ex.
Chris M.
91 ST185 "money sponge"
Ford Ford (Daily Grind)
R1 Yamaha ( Need for speed)
Ford F150
Chrysler 300c Hemi baby!!
BayArea,California

www.Boost2maxx.com
User avatar
BayAreaAT®
Established Member
 
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:52 pm
Location: Bay Area,CA

Postby Griffin » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:54 am

BayAreaAT® wrote:Call the Toysport and tell them your from Alltrac.net
and Chris from San Francisco told you to call them...I got mine for 400.00 Hi power Ex.


They don't do that anymore for the new exhaust :(
Dave Staba
Owner - DD Performance Research
SOLD - 1990 Black ST185
Current - 2000 Celica GTS , 2000 MR2 Spyder, 2013 Scion FR-S
Sealy, TX
User avatar
Griffin
Established Member
 
Posts: 1690
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Previous

Return to Performance and Power

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest