ST165 Front Mount Questions

jspeedrifter

Hello all!

I am getting ready to embark on a little project with a couple of ST165's. I'm not all that familiar with the Water-to-Air intercoolers, but so far, I'm not a fan of the system on the ST165's. To make the work easier for myself, I'm planning on removing the entire system and running a FMIC instead. I am a welder, so I can fab one up really easily with some spare 2" stainless that I have laying around.

My question for you guys is what do I have to remove to get rid of the components of the water-to-air intercooler? I found a write-up on this site at some point, but I can't find it again. I know about clocking the turbo to make it a little easier, but what about all of the coolant lines, radiator, and water pump for the intercooler? I want to get rid of everything if at all possible, but I don't want to have leaks or complications.

Any insight (or photos) that anyone has would be great! I'm going to start on this project next weekend, so I can keep you all posted! Thank you!

jspeedrifter

25 views and no love? I did some searching in the Big Green Book that some thoughtfully posted on here and I figured it out :). I'm pretty excited about it being entirely self contained and really easy to remove!

I'm going to start a little build thread, but is this the right spot for power and performance questions? Feel free to let me know if I'm asking newb questions or just to point me to a thread that would help if that works better!

Thanks guys!

Awesome-Trac

You can always check out people's project thread, it will give you a idea of how your setup up might look like....I personally just kept my car as stock as possible due to Cali state emission rules

UtahSleeper

The W2A is all self contained. Remove the top mount and follow the hoses. That will lead you to the IC pump and the heat exchanger right in front of it. That is all their is to the system. You will need to do a search or find a way to get the ECU to not complain about those missing components. Know that info is out there somewhere.

jspeedrifter

Thanks for the input guys!

I've been pouring through some of the build threads on here and finding TONS of information. There is some great information out there and some awesome projects! I'm going to keep this one fairly stock, but I'm going to add the FMIC just to make working on it easier. I'll probably fab up a DP and exhaust and that's about it. My parts car has lowering springs (Eibach I think) and some nicer struts, so I think I'll use those too.

Other than that, I'm just going to use it as a fun daily driver. Thank you guys for helping me out!