Finished my Direct Port Nitrous. PICS!

Spectra1

I finally got around to finishing the hard lines on my direct port nitrous set up. Enjoy!

I installed the foggers between the divides within the split runners, I had to port the divider material back about 1 1/2 inches. Now the foggers are not inline with the air flow which should help keep things moving along.
P1250901_zpsc7bf8816.jpg

P1250903_zps6c26b477.jpg

Here is the hard lines I just finished bending and mounting up
P1250900_zps5c5d84a8.jpg

P1250905_zps3cb42f25.jpg

P1250906_zps9f137155.jpg

P1250904_zpsf088ac1e.jpg

Now all bolted to the motor
P1250907_zpsc00ee0ac.jpg

P1250908_zps161809c0.jpg

P1250909_zps58920468.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Spectra1

Post some drag times when you get everything running
Will do. It might be awhile before I get to that point though.

Are those splitters attached to the motor at all
No the distributor blocks are not attached to anything they just float about an inch above the block. I will probably mock up some bracket eventually.

Mafix

cool. i'm assuming your tvis plate has no center and the cylinder head is knife edged on the bridge?

Spectra1

Mafix":2jwkuqeb said:
cool. i'm assuming your tvis plate has no center and the cylinder head is knife edged on the bridge?

Yes the tvis plate has been gutted and the center removed, im to cheap to just buy one of those phenolic plates :) . As for the cylinder head I have not really done a whole lot to it since I bought it from the owner that built it. There appears to be some porting work done in that area and it appeared to me to be sufficient. Do you think I need to really give it a good knife edge?

Mafix

it's probabily not that critical.
and i'm also too cheap to buy and shatter another spacer. gutted tvis for me.

gt4tified

Mafix":ipbft4pq said:

Supplemental question....did you have to recess the splitter/bridge by cutting a "C" section back into the manifold, to accommodate for the installation of the solenoid nozzle away from the flange?

Spectra1

Yes I had to port all the material out of the splitter/bridge. I did it that way so my nozzles would not disrupt air flow.

gt4tified":1tez1ovq said:
Mafix":1tez1ovq said:

Supplemental question....did you have to recess the splitter/bridge by cutting a "C" section back into the manifold, to accommodate for the installation of the solenoid nozzle away from the flange?

Spectra1

The intake manifold was made by HUX and uses the stock extrude honed runners with a larger better flowing weld on phlem. I have not run it yet on the car so I cant really comment on how well it does in regards to addressing lean conditions. I will be running exhaust temp probe in the #3 exhaust runner so that should give me some important data.

klue":3mddlucv said:
anything planned to compensate for the lean condition that intake manifold produces?

klue

good shit!
Eric makes quality stuff so I would expect that condition is addressed. As far as the extrude honing process goes it should technically balance the flow. I think the flow issue is in part due to the TB placement favoring 2 and 3 but I guess we will find out

good on ya
cheers

aus jd 2703

did you ever run this?
what supporting mods have u done? ecu forged pistons anything?
what shot did you run?
been tempting to run a 50 wet shot on mine because i have a kit lying around...

Spectra1

aus jd 2703":3fq3c9h2 said:
did you ever run this?
what supporting mods have u done? ecu forged pistons anything?
what shot did you run?
been tempting to run a 50 wet shot on mine because i have a kit lying around...

Not yet. The project has been moving slowly but unfortunately I will be shutting it down for the next year. Im moving to AZ for school and did not have the time to get it running yet so hopefully next summer it will be done. Supporting mods thus far include: 5s stroker crank, shot peened rods, forged pistons, apr everything, fully upgraded fuel system, FMIC, aftermarket intake and exhaust manifolds, gt35r turbo, autronic ecu, egt probe, af meter, meth injection....etc. When I finally get it running im planning on running around a 50-80 shot.

Mafix

you really should change all the compression fittings and use proper flares as well. it wouldn't be ideal to have your lines blow apart

Spectra1

Yup. I did it more for the experience. I figured I would just run a 50 shot and later if I want its set up for whatever shot of nitrous I feel like. I always end up over doing things which can be a curse .... or a blessing depending on how you look at it.

mx6er2587":3rl2fdxv said:
all that work for a 50 shot?