Stock ecu not programmable from dyno ?

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

Re: Stock ecu not programmable from dyno ?

Postby warracer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Imo if you really want to go on the cheap (like me :lol: ) You could do the honda ECU conversion, basically, you need to mod your distributor abit , quick wiring job, and voila , on the cheap standalone ... (google it) Ill probably be doing that this summer
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
-ARP head stud -St205 rear end
-Cometic Metal HG -Supra TT Fuel Pump
-3'' SS straight pipe -Poly bushing
warracer
Club Member

Postby polm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:13 am

warracer wrote:Imo if you really want to go on the cheap (like me :lol: ) You could do the honda ECU conversion, basically, you need to mod your distributor abit , quick wiring job, and voila , on the cheap standalone ... (google it) Ill probably be doing that this summer

+1 on that, we're doing it together. Check this out: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/tech-c ... ement.html Once chipped it's essentially a standalone with as much features as a decent mid priced ecu like a power fc, and that includes launch control, flat foot shifting, tvis control, etc... Oh and it can be done for less than 200$ (I have most of the parts except for the distributor and I'm at 130$ into this right now). The wiring is a bit tricky but easy once you figure it out, just make a patch harness so you don't have to hack your original harness. You might as well want to check this out while we're at it: http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=295554 Another great solution that I'm doing. A top feed 750cc setup for 125$ ish...woot! I picked up some wrx blue injectors from an 04 for 90$ shipped and the scrap yard wants 15$ for a 5sfe fuel rail off a camry. The remainder is for the lines and o-rings. You can use the stock pressure regulator but you might as well upgrade while you're at it. Oh and don't forget to remove the resistor box, these are high impedance. Oh and both mods are from the same guy, Karl is a great! (plus he's super friendly and helpful)
Cheers!
Pierre
polm
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby celigts » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 am

This is sounding like my kind of thing. Except for the wiring part and resistor removal.

Make a write up :)
91 Celica Alltrac - Parts pile pending instal :P
3SGTE project motor very slow
Intake/Heat shield project slowly moving
Winnipegs respected TTI forum. join and love the community will welcome you with open arms and legs ? http://toptierimports.com/
celigts
Established Member

Postby polm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:18 pm

celigts wrote:This is sounding like my kind of thing. Except for the wiring part and resistor removal.

Will do when I get to finally do this build! lol
polm
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby phattyduck » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:31 pm

celigts wrote:This is sounding like my kind of thing. Except for the wiring part and resistor removal.

Removing the resistor? At the resistor box, cut all the wires and connect them together...

-Charlie
'89 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GTE - SV25/ST205 hybrid
'99 4Runner SR5 4WD 5VZ-FE
Previous: '88 Camry LE Alltrac 3S-GE BEAMS, '90 Camry 3S-GTE, '90 Camry DX
phattyduck
Established Member

Postby celigts » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Sounds simple. Now the wiring then. Ill deal with things like custom stuff for another year. Idling normal and not LEAN is my goal. Sucks how difficult it seems to work on our ecu's tho
91 Celica Alltrac - Parts pile pending instal :P
3SGTE project motor very slow
Intake/Heat shield project slowly moving
Winnipegs respected TTI forum. join and love the community will welcome you with open arms and legs ? http://toptierimports.com/
celigts
Established Member

Previous

Return to Performance and Power