CT26 compressor wheel upgrade worthwhile?

celica_gtx

Chuck.hudson":32dhdoyf said:
I just talked to a guy from that gpopshop and he says they can do a 50 trim upgrade for the ct26 that can handle atleast 300 all wheel horsepower its 630 for the rebuild and wheel upgrade. Its no 200 bucks out the door but 630 isnt too bad i think i might give it a try at the begining of next year when i got the money and if i can get my car up and reliably running by then

Yea like I said I had throwen in stuff w the deal I think that what I originally got quoted aswell showing up to the door step w cash in hand is good too. I cranked it up to 14 the other day n its a blast. But u can tell it'll be more fun w supporting mods n a tune.

Chuck.hudson

Well cool man I've tried calling that shop multiple times and couldn't get through I guess I'll have to man up and leave a vm did they give you any specs on the turbo build like what's a reliable hp output or the safest max boost or anything like that

celica_gtx

Chuck.hudson":1jcoxwol said:
Well cool man I've tried calling that shop multiple times and couldn't get through I guess I'll have to man up and leave a vm did they give you any specs on the turbo build like what's a reliable hp output or the safest max boost or anything like that

There is a compresssor map on their page but other than that I'm not to sureim sure it can relate to ats ct27. But I can me wrong..

jwgt41

The difference in compressor wheels

e24c2382-49fa-40cc-a91f-074e3458e09f_zps1461ba6f.jpg

knowitalls

If you do the upgrade, there is no reason to go with a compressor wheel larger than a TO4E-46 trim compressor wheel. Also, perform a 15 degree clip on the turbine wheel. The clip will allow you to run higher boost without it falling off until ~6000rpm which has been dyno proven to add ~ 15hp.