Manifold Idea

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

Manifold Idea

Postby CSAlltrac » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Im just curious if anyone else has ever thought of building a manifold with an EVO turbo flange. It would retain twin scroll as well as open up a world of turbo options for us. The only portion that would need some customizing is a downpipe. Plumbing is easy enough to sort out.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Re: Manifold Idea

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Why? You could do a twin scroll T3 flange and have even more choices. Then you also don't have to worry about using an Evo downpipe flange.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
2017 SRT Challenger Hellcat
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Postby CSAlltrac » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Simplicity is why I would do it. The ability to get proven aftermarket parts for an application supported. Also the ability to maintain internal gates that perform well. The cost is a factor as well, It wouldnt take much to get it all done
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Postby sentraman » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Trackforged already has a manifold made with a T3 flange that can be changed to a twin scroll as well. We also are a precision turbo whoesaler as well so we can make a whole kit and we make the midpipe as well.
04' Forester XT
sentraman
Club Member

Postby mx6er2587 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:40 pm

:shrug: its not a bad thought.

I took a slightly different approach in the past and ran with a subie turbo for about a year. (well at least frame wise, gt30 on the insides :wink: )

I used a 1st gen single entry manifold with an adapter to the Subaru flange. Then I just used an ebay downpipe with the ct26 flange cut off and a subaru flange welded on. The combination of the different angle of the single entry manifold, my turbo adapter, and the turbo itself put the downpipe almost exactly back in the stock location. :)
mx6er2587
Established Member

Postby CSAlltrac » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:17 am

mx6er2587 wrote::shrug: its not a bad thought.

I took a slightly different approach in the past and ran with a subie turbo for about a year. (well at least frame wise, gt30 on the insides :wink: )

I used a 1st gen single entry manifold with an adapter to the Subaru flange. Then I just used an ebay downpipe with the ct26 flange cut off and a subaru flange welded on. The combination of the different angle of the single entry manifold, my turbo adapter, and the turbo itself put the downpipe almost exactly back in the stock location. :)

Plus it would open up a world of used take off turbos. A stock EVO turbo would be a huge upgrade from a CT.
ALLTRAC AT FIRST SIGHT
CSAlltrac
Established Member

Return to Performance and Power