Dyno tune?

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

Dyno tune?

Postby chevyok06 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Thinking of taking my St165 in for a dyno tune but don't know to much about the process or tune ability of this car. I have a 2nd Gen block with all third everything else. With a slightly larger turbo external waste gate and Mcb and 3 bar map 3rd Gen ecu . What could I expect from the car. What is the tuning process and what could I likely see out of her? I will take any information you have since I'm new to the tunning scene and would like to know a little when I go in to the shop. Tia
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
chevyok06
Club Member

Re: Dyno tune?

Postby GT4_DRED » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:04 pm

chevyok06 wrote:Thinking of taking my St165 in for a dyno tune but don't know to much about the process or tune ability of this car. I have a 2nd Gen block with all third everything else. With a slightly larger turbo external waste gate and Mcb and 3 bar map 3rd Gen ecu . What could I expect from the car. What is the tuning process and what could I likely see out of her? I will take any information you have since I'm new to the tuning scene and would like to know a little when I go in to the shop. Tia

Without some type of tunable standalone ecu or piggyback ecu, there isn't much that can be done. You may be able to more safely set a max boost level by monitoring via the dyno/datalog, or simply get a baseline on the car. The dyno itself is simply a tool that simulates driving the car on the road.
'00 SC300 - "The long way home" daily driver
'88 ST165 - project "Rahtid"
'88 ST165 - Project "Supah Cyat"
'91 MR2
'93 Corrado SLC - "Purple Haze"
GT4_DRED
Club Member

Dyno tune?

Postby killemalltrac » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:15 pm

It's always good to get a baseline anyways. That way you know what your changes/mods are doing.
#80sMurderCar
My build -- http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=47568
Parts for sale -- http://www.80smurdercar.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
killemalltrac
Club Member

Return to Performance and Power