Question In regards to this Wastegate Actuator.

Shaggz00

Which turbo do you have? 1st gen/2nd gen/etc. I know that all my boost creep problems were solved on my 1st gen by porting the wastegate opening. It could very well be the actuator causing the problems, but there are other things to check as well. Especially if you are running higher boost than factory.

Where is your vacuum/PSI source for your wastegate? Meaning, is it Tee'd into other vacuum lines? What kind of boost control are you using? I had some major creep issues when I was using the HKS EVC.

As far as your request for advice on the actuator in the link....I have none, haha. Sorry!

warracer

These actuator are crap, they don't even fit, Polm on the forum bought one, was a pain.

Alright, if I were you here's what I would do:

1. Isolate the turbo pressure monitoring system from the vacuum system of the car, which mean, get a boost controller and block the VSV, so you have a closed loop between the turbo inlet housing and the actuator (Note this will cancel the boost by gear function and you will have consistent boost on all gear)

2. If that didn't work, lubricate and test the actuator system, use an air compressor @ around 15-20psi (max is 30 I believe) and try to make the actuator , actuate (haha). If it does move but you can clearly hear a whistle or air coming out of the actuator case, then your diaphragm is toasted, you'll need another actuator.

3. Port the wastegate exhaust, use a Dremel carbide bit, ideally you would want the exhaust housing separated from the turbo since metal flakes will go in the exhaust housing and on the impeller, which isn't ideal.

polm

Do not buy, please don't. They don't fit and the diaphragm inside is loose and cheap. The actuator arm is only screwed in and could easily undo itself with vibration, because the spring can move somewhat freely inside. Oh and did I mention the quality is mediocre and fitment is terrible. In its stock form it does not fit our car, period. I'm never buying from them again. Never! Spend the extra 50$ and buy a forge actuator and enjoy a quality product. 150 $ may seem cheap but for a product that doesn't work it's expensive as f***.