odd ideas for weight reduction ???

Corey

What about carbon front and rear subframes? Those are pretty heavy and I'd imagine a well designed carbon part would be up to the task.

CMS-GT4

Tte made a tubular rear subframe. One note the inter frame from a 205 is lighter. Even if not cf chromoly or something of the like for sub frames might be ideal.

lumbercis

econobox_32.jpg

http://www.rcramer.com/fun/econobox/

jsd

I got this off of a facebook group so this is not my idea and I don't take credit but I wanted to run this by you guys. Picture is also not mine.

So the top starter is from an st182 with a 5sfe and the bottom from an 02 V6 camry with a 3mz. Apparently it is 4lbs lighter than the stock one but I'm not sure how the 5sfe and 3sgte starters compare. The smaller starter bolts right on to the 5sfe so I assume it will on the 3sgte also but I'm wondering if it will line up with our flywheel.

CMS-GT4

I didn't see how that project ended. I was curious if he had to extend the gear or if everything bolted up.

I know the RC and 205 also have smaller starters but this might be a cheaper alternative. Supposedly a more reliable tech too.

jsd

I'm going to get one soon and try it out. I noticed no 02 model came with a 3mz so I'm going with an 06 model. It's listed as 1.7KW vs 1.4 stock

underscore

Since the 5S and 3S can interchange transmissions and flywheels I don't see why you couldn't interchange the starters.