Gripforce F1 clutch

Aaron

I've never heard anything about the Gripforce brand of clutches before now. I was planning on getting a Spec Stage 2 or 3, but then I found this on eBay for a lot less money. Anyone know if it's any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7959107764&category=33564&sspagename=WDVW

My mods are currently light as you can see in my profile, but I plan on adding a full exhaust and boost controller within the lifespan of my next clutch. Goal is 300 at the crank, so whatever else I need for that...I want to do that, too. Is stage 3 too much?

RIalltrac

that clutch looks exactly like the xtd & spec clutches, someone was saying that they're all the same except they're badged differently. I was thinking about picking up the xtd stage 3 clutch & lightweight flywheel, I doubt you could go too far overboard with the clutch, unless you get a full race clutch, which I doubt your going to find on ebay.

Conan

From what I've heard, anything metallic, copper or kevlar on the clutch will eat your flywheel alive.

Aaron

If that's the case, then why are all the racing/upgraded street clutches all made out of something like that?? :shrug:

RIalltrac

ya I want to know where you heard that as well. Anything organic just isnt going to grip well enough for anything over stock power. I highly doubt companys would sell you an upgraded clutch that would chew through your flywheel, better yet why would they sell you a lightweight flywheel which would be more prone to this situation? I've yet to here of anyone having a flywheel fail on them because of a clutch.

gpmarzan

yea i recently started seeing new clutches on ebay for our cars. when i bought my xtd, no flywheel was available, and the damn thing cost me 260. now it cost less $200. :shock: :x . i shouldve waited because my clutch sat under my bed for a good 2-3months before installation, while the price of it was going down.

Conan

Too bad I don't have any numbers or pictures but I have seen how bad flywheels get after numerous drag races. Maybe, of course, that happened for some other reason...

RIalltrac

well you should have said it was from drag races, thats like a no brainer, drags kill clutches & flywheels alike, its just so much force being demanded at once all the time. I would think for the daily driver/weekend warrior these types of clutches would last quite a while.