Piston and rod bearing questions(2nd gen 3sgte)

Interwhat

anothergt4":3usifzjo said:
Interwhat":3usifzjo said:
anothergt4":3usifzjo said:
In that case if you want a full rebuild kit, all the gaskets included, koracing.com or ats racing should have what you want but it is pricey. It's hard to believe Toyota is sold out, but I guess there is an end to everything. Twosrus should have a complete gasket set also.

How does the quality compare to Toyota?

Sorry I forgot to add that, they are Toyota gaskets, they just buy them in bulk and sell for a profit, and I had a 91 rc and just used a usdm gasket set and everything was there only difference is you won't use the egr gaskets. Also you will have to order the turbo gaskets seperately, they do not come in any kit, also replace what hoses you can that are hard to get to, if you disassembled it you know what I'm talking about. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any more questions I'll do my best to answer with what I know. Good choice on oem bearings and rings I'm glad you found a good price.

Would it be too much to ask for a link? I tried and it was all Japanese haha. I also don't really want to order from japan. And yea I'm totally stripped down right now, and I can tell the hard coolant pipe o rings are going to need some love, but I also think it to my advantage to build clean with as little unnecessary factory junk as possible. So I was thinking of eliminating that pipe entirely and just go with soft hoses in a different direction. If I remember correctly that hard pipe ran under the intake? It just doesn't make much sense. I mean all I need really is a hose from block to heater core, block to rad and block to reservoir, all of which I can piece together, and if necessary cut and use pieces of the hard pipe so that I still have factory bolt on application.

Also does the oil feed and return bolt to the same place on the turbo? All I see is coolant in and out, and then one other place that's def oil. Sorry I'm used to Audi and vw which has an in and out for both.