celica st205 intake mainfold and throttlebody on celica st18

Snake19888

Hello, does anyone know if the st205 intake mainfold from gen3 3sgte fits on an st185 gen2 3sgte? or if not, if its possible with an adapter?

and if anyone have build this, can he tel me what he has done to fit the gen3 intake mainfold on an gen2?

Thanks
Patrick

deecee

The ST205 intake will not fit onto the ST185 Gen2 3SGTE head. The hole spacing for mounting is different as well as the ports.

What are you trying to gain by mounting the ST205 intake? Once we know your ideas and goals, we can offer advice and recommendations to help you :)

Snake19888

hello, thanks for the answer. meanwhile i know that it doesnt fit plug and play.. but are there any adapters or something?
i hat optimized my exhaust system and have a ct20b turbocharger installed and forged pistons and a metal head gasket and now i whant to optimize the air intake system. an open air filter that sits behind in the frontbumper for cold air i have already and st205 WTA but i heard that the intake manifold from the st205 is better and the throttlebody bigger so if there are any chances to fit it on my st185cs i whant it in my car :)

deecee

I've never known of any manifold adaptors. I have read that people have welded on the st205 plenum onto the inlet runners of the st185, but not retrofitting the whole inlet manifold.
More commonly, people swap the st205 head onto the st185 engine block (and change to a steel head gasket as well)

From my research over the years, the centre feed inlet manifold for st185 and st205 does not have significant difference.
The throttle body opening is larger, st185 = 55mm, st205=60mm, st215=65mm (from memory, maybe I should measure) http://gtfour.supras.org.nz/3sgte%20table.htm

1. People either change the throttle body to an aftermarket, or retrofit the st205 throttle body to the st185 plenum. Requires wiring in the throttle position sensor and other sensors as the st185 sensors cannot be fitted to the st205 throttle body.
2. People change the entire plenum to aftermarket with aftermarket throttle body
3. People change the head to ST205 and have the st205 plenum and other ancillaries as well

More information:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3868&start=0

To optimise your current system, I would not look at the throttle body as a significant weak point. CT20B will run up to 17psi / ~1.2 bar boost safely so you will only be looking at approximately 300BHP engine / 170kw at the wheels (factor in 23% loss from engine to wheels). Might be a bit more, but the output is about 170 at wheels with CT20B and stock 440CC injectors.

As this is a turbo application, you are already forcing air into the plenum and 5mm isn't going to make significant difference with the CT20B.

Hope this helps.