synapse bov

Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades

synapse bov

Postby 91celicagt4 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Have anyone try synapse bov on their st185 stock boost?what's the bov setup? Well mine's keep stalling(tried adjust the preload spring but it didn't work).
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
91celicagt4
Club Member

Re: synapse bov

Postby ZeroDrift » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:13 am

I have used several on my other cars and they work great right out of the box on a MAP car. With a MAF, it creates a vacuum leak when vented to the atmosphere; which is why your car stalls. They have a anti-stall kit that you should look into, or recirculate the BOV between the MAF and the turbo inlet. Either will fix the trouble you are having.
ZeroDrift
Club Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby 91celicagt4 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:46 pm

I though that the way synapse setup on my car was causing to stalled, but I swapped in with forge spitter(vent to atmosphere),it works wperfectly fine :doh: :D
91celicagt4
Club Member

Postby ZeroDrift » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 pm

91celicagt4 wrote:I though that the way synapse setup on my car was causing to stalled, but I swapped in with forge spitter(vent to atmosphere),it works wperfectly fine :doh: :D

The difference between the two is that the Synapse is open until you hit boost (or just before) and that is cause of the trouble. It is beneficial as it allows air to bypass the turbo, and increases the efficiency of the engine. Reason is it allows air to bypass the turbo restriction until it is no longer a restriction. The Forge is always closed (like most BOVs) and only opens when needed. I'm not familiar with Forge, but have had the best success with Synapse BOVs on my cars.
ZeroDrift
Club Member

1988 Toyota Celica

Postby fifacoin19 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 am

The outcome in once ieks in serious piece and even.
fifa 15 ultimate team coins
fifa 15 coins
fifacoin19

Return to Performance and Power