synapse bov

91celicagt4

Have anyone try synapse bov on their st185 stock boost?what's the bov setup? Well mine's keep stalling(tried adjust the preload spring but it didn't work).

ZeroDrift

I have used several on my other cars and they work great right out of the box on a MAP car. With a MAF, it creates a vacuum leak when vented to the atmosphere; which is why your car stalls. They have a anti-stall kit that you should look into, or recirculate the BOV between the MAF and the turbo inlet. Either will fix the trouble you are having.

91celicagt4

I though that the way synapse setup on my car was causing to stalled, but I swapped in with forge spitter(vent to atmosphere),it works wperfectly fine :doh: :D

ZeroDrift

91celicagt4":30v3s0mg said:
I though that the way synapse setup on my car was causing to stalled, but I swapped in with forge spitter(vent to atmosphere),it works wperfectly fine :doh: :D

The difference between the two is that the Synapse is open until you hit boost (or just before) and that is cause of the trouble. It is beneficial as it allows air to bypass the turbo, and increases the efficiency of the engine. Reason is it allows air to bypass the turbo restriction until it is no longer a restriction. The Forge is always closed (like most BOVs) and only opens when needed. I'm not familiar with Forge, but have had the best success with Synapse BOVs on my cars.