koracing?

yotaboy93

Just wondering if anyone is running one of the koracing setups and if so how good does it hold up. I have heard they have some good stuff I am considering their street brawler setup.

Anoo21

yotaboy93":2idexo8t said:
Just wondering if anyone is running one of the koracing setups and if so how good does it hold up. I have heard they have some good stuff I am considering their street brawler setup.
How long does it usually take them to get everything and ship it out?

I have been in the 3sgte world for quite some time and by far he has the best quality parts that money can buy. I've had greddy kits they were ok but manifolds kept cracking and turbo response wasnt that great. (t67) I've also seen seen some ems kits. Not bad but definitely didn't make as much hp as I thought it would.

And also most of all other kits are not GT-Four compatible. KO kits are the only ones that fit like a glove Not to mention that his customer service is amazing.

I currently have his street brawler precision turbo 5130 kit and it's amazing. I started with the t3/t4-50 trim then upgraded to the 5130 as he makes the turbo adapt to his kits and makes upgrading easy.

Hotrodhendrix

I dont have one of his kits so I cant comment on that but as far as customer service he is great along with some of his other products!

msanders2

I bought a Gen 4 3sgte downpipe from them. They said they were in stock, but after 3 weeks I still didn't receive my down pipe. So I emailed them. I talked to a lady who told me the downpipes were a week away from being finished, and it needed to be ceramic coated which takes a week and then it would ship. Ok cool. 3 more weeks went by and I still hadn't received my downpipe. I emailed again, she told me that they were still trying to finish the downpipes and they still had to be ceramic coated. Wtf. Told me 2 more weeks. The down pipe finally came 2 and a half weeks later. It was really well built and the ceramic coating was great. Great products, but it took a total of 2 months. I would order from Prime if I had to do it again.

killemalltrac

I had Kris do a bunch of work on my car and it is seriously top notch work. I saw his kits in person and checked out the shop as well as a couple very very fast mr2s. They really know their shit. The customer service alone is worth buying the kit from him, let alone the fact that its best deal on a kit for our cars.

C-dubb

I have the streetbrawler t3/t4 with supporting mods It easily hits 300awhp at 15psi...with more room before it runs out of steam. I love it and it's bolt on with everything you need at a great price. top notch crafstmanship!

Anyone running a KO Street Brawler kit using a Precision 5130 turbo?
Looking to get this setup for my ST165 Alltrac, and wondering what it's like?
I would like the fastest Spooling setup more than top end power. Lighting fast spool to 325hp would be awesome.

zaluss

mickeyfinn":hnt8p6x5 said:
Anyone running a KO Street Brawler kit using a Precision 5130 turbo?
Looking to get this setup for my ST165 Alltrac, and wondering what it's like?
I would like the fastest Spooling setup more than top end power. Lighting fast spool to 325hp would be awesome.

I haven't but I have been looking at turbo upgrades. I had originally settled on a rebuilt steel wheel CT20b from ATSRacing but I stumbled across this https://www.nixspeedracing.com/shop-mki ... t-on-turbo.

Uses a custom housing to retain the stock/aftermarket downpipes and intercooler without needing custom stuff.

That's an interesting turbo from Nixspeed. I haven't heard of them, but I've been away from the scene for a few years. I visited KO racing in Portland when a few years back. Great guy, great shop, great work. I haven't decided on a turbo upgrade yet, but KO is on my list as well. I am intrigued by Nixspeed's offering. the CTX28 is all I need really, either GT, or GTX trim 2860.

zaluss

5thgenbliss":33r6js71 said:
That's an interesting turbo from Nixspeed. I haven't heard of them, but I've been away from the scene for a few years. I visited KO racing in Portland when a few years back. Great guy, great shop, great work. I haven't decided on a turbo upgrade yet, but KO is on my list as well. I am intrigued by Nixspeed's offering. the CTX28 is all I need really, either GT, or GTX trim 2860.

I saw this post on the MR2OC FB group running on the stock gen3 ECU.

Needless to say this has my interest.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 4438226594

That does sound interesting. I've never heard of those guys (Nixspeed).

I know KO Racing has been around a long time, has good quality products, and I haven't heard any negative speak about them.
I've emailed Kris Osheim a few times, and bought products from him. He's always been great, and responsive.

He speaks highly of the Precision 5130 turbo when I asked his recommendation .

On his product page, he says this: "The 5130 we are seeing some of the fastest spool times ever in a turbo capable of 400+whp (19psi at 3100rpm in 5th gear on the highway -- just stab the throttle and go, no downshifting)! The 5130 is a larger turbo that is capable of GT28 like spool."
http://www.koracing.net/viewproduct.php?folder=11&product=1209

I'm also quite interested in the KO street brawler because it will allow me to change my ST165 Intercooler to an ST205. (badly needed).

underscore

I like the Nixspeed idea of getting more modern tech in there without having to change the intercooler/exhaust/EMS. If they could supply or at least give you a list of the parts needed to hook up the oil/water lines that would be even better. I always said I wanted to stick to the stock RC turbo but if I can get more low end and have it fully reversable I'm pretty tempted.

zaluss

underscore":2d98vzjj said:
I like the Nixspeed idea of getting more modern tech in there without having to change the intercooler/exhaust/EMS. If they could supply or at least give you a list of the parts needed to hook up the oil/water lines that would be even better. I always said I wanted to stick to the stock RC turbo but if I can get more low end and have it fully reversable I'm pretty tempted.

Yes a list or if they could add all the required lines would be great.

I like the Street Brawler kit because it's all inclusive but I don't know how the performance is between the Precision and Garrett units. Ultimately I would be looking for better low end response (similiar to my Focus RS) instead of a big punch like I get currently at the higher rev range.

zaluss":ds9sbx2i said:
Ultimately I would be looking for better low end response (similiar to my Focus RS) instead of a big punch like I get currently at the higher rev range.

Agree. I want the same.

Do you know which Garrett turbo you would get in the Nix offerings? What are the differences, anyone know?

Not opposed to getting a Garrett, I was looking at the Precision turbo on Kris's recommendation. That's why I'm wondering how the Precision compares to Garrett.

I do find it odd that I can't find a compressor map of the Precision. Something Garrett has for every turbo.

If I remember, I figured I'd need 38 lbs/min, and pressure ration of 2.5
Which the GTX2867R GEN II seems right there.

GTX2867R GEN II.JPG