2.2 stroker kit

turbocelica

I have been doing a lot of research and i havent found anywhere to buy a stroker kit for the alltrac, i have heard of a jun and a hks stroker kit available for it but i cant find it anywhere if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated, i need a upgraded bottom end!!thanks

RIalltrac

5sfe crank and then its all piece mail after that. search the forum with 5sfe crank and you should see some discussions come up about stroking out the motor.

saved_1992

the mr2oc board has a parts list of what is needed

kblake thank you another detail i was looking for: 5sfe flywheel bolts. these are the tips and tricks im looking for.
ok so the list for the 2.2 stroker in a 3sgte block should be:

1. 5sfe crank (machined to accept 3s rods)
2. 3sgte rods ( stock w/arp rod bolts, eagles, crower or pauter).
3. 5sfe main seal
4. stroker pistons (either cp, wiseco or modified standard 3sgte pistons)
5. fidanza or st165 flywheel (or modified 3sgte flywheel w/ elongated holes)
6. 5sfe flywheel bolts

everything else is 3sgte? any concerns with the bearings? any other details to consider for this short block assembly????
-all considered when you calculate in the machine shop costs...it seems alot better to just buy one already built.
but info like this is good so that theres an understanding of whats involved and for those who can build one on their own. any more details, tips and tricks welcomed

turbocelica

well i was hoping to buy a kit that was already together not something that i had to piece together like the one from jun or the one from hks thanks for the help though

Terboman

db":1d8y32qs said:
CJ Motorsports in Chicago does a custom 2.2L stroker kit. It wasn't listed on the site (www.cj-motorsports.com) the last time I looked, but they do stroker kits.

Yup, I remember that kit. I think it's based on a mod'd 5s crank and special pistons that put the wrist pins wayyyy up (into the lower ring lands) to support a better rod ratio. I think Ryan runs that kit.

turbocelica

i did google and i saw that they are available but no one sells them here in the states to my knowledge thats what im trying to find out

RedCelicaTRD

Do the cj-motorsports stroker. It is on thier web site. Its the best kit in my opinion. And the crank isnt turned, they use custom rods to fit the 5s crank. For the price you cant beat it. I would buy it over a JUN kit any day...

db

RedCelicaTRD":epdo8t0x said:
Do the cj-motorsports stroker. It is on thier web site. Its the best kit in my opinion. And the crank isnt turned, they use custom rods to fit the 5s crank. For the price you cant beat it. I would buy it over a JUN kit any day...

Actually, they are in the process of changing their website. It currently doesn't have any access to MR2 parts, which includes the stroker kit.

jas3113

Since I was in the process of builing a stroker, your best bet is to make your own kit:

5sfe crank- used about $300 or less
Pauter rods (crower is discontinued) for a 5sfe, same rod bearing dia. Length is the same and wrist pin size same as a 3s, so no grinding nessecary $700
CP pistons- $450
Flywheel- $200-400
Machine work- $400

Total about $2k

John