FORGE mbc install help

Rallly

Hello, I just bought a used FORGE mbc, it has 2 nipples. One off the side and one off the bottom. Can someone please post a picture or link to show me how/where to install this to my 91 AllTrac please. Thank you :)

quieter

from your turbo theres a nipple on the side of your air intake, connect a air hose from that nipple to the bottom of your MBC then connect another air hose from the side of your MBC to your wastegate which controls the valve in your turbo. do not forget to block off the other nipple going towards the driver on the wastegate with a blank

Rallly

Gr8 thanks!

Will be doing a full 3 inch exhaust this weekend. I wonder what I'll boost to from just doing that?

Rallly

quieter":1jaqi7y4 said:
there will be less restriction because you are changing your exhaust, on a 2nd gen go for max 14 psi

Thanks for your knowledge sir:)

Yup yup, do you recommend 2.5inch or 3" exhaust front to back? Will follow with a MBC afterwards, just looking for a reliable 14psi. Currently stuck at OEM 8psi~.
Also I read about needing a brace for the dp otherwise I risk cracking it... Is this legit? Should I brace it to the motor or have it cut and add a flex pipe in the middle of the dp?

quieter

better off adding a flexi or getting a berk downpipe. id go 3 inch all the way in case you want to do big power one day. careful with the ebay dp i heard the wastegate can get stuck on them. also be careful with 14 psi, your headgasket may fail one day.

Rallly

quieter":2uvajcgw said:
better off adding a flexi or getting a berk downpipe. id go 3 inch all the way in case you want to do big power one day. careful with the ebay dp i heard the wastegate can get stuck on them. also be careful with 14 psi, your headgasket may fail one day.

Flexi it is:) I don't plan to add huge power. It's just my daily driver so just freeing up some hidden potential:) I purchased the eBay Autobahn88 dp and grinded about 1mm of material. Will I be okay?

Rallly

quieter":1bn2zcb9 said:
from your turbo theres a nipple on the side of your air intake, connect a air hose from that nipple to the bottom of your MBC then connect another air hose from the side of your MBC to your wastegate which controls the valve in your turbo. do not forget to block off the other nipple going towards the driver on the wastegate with a blank

Where you said "turbo theres a nipple on the side of your air intake," you mean the only nipple on the turbo housing right?

Rallly

quieter":22je9nme said:
it should be ok for the DP and yeah exactly that nipple!!

Thanks man. Decided to go 2.5inch to keep noise down and not going to go past 300hp so no point. I'll install the mbc once I see what I'm boosting after exhaust job;)

Rallly

quieter":1i4etfnb said:

So exhaust went on yesterday and it's pushing strong now:) I was stuck at 8psi and I saw it raise to 13.5ish psi without any other mod than straight through 2.5inch exhaust. Is this normal? Was able to really test WOT in every gear cuz of icy conditions but I guess it's safe to say I don't need to install a mbc