GenIII Injector Limits Help

So im sure i found on this forum before the limits of stock injectors for GenIII (540cc), but i cant seem to find again. Can someone please help?

Im looking to replace my old injectors, but not sure if i should stay stock size, or upgrade to 650's?
Im running 17-18lbs boost
3" downpipe to 3" exhaust
3" Straight Intake
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Upgraded WTA system

Thanks

I did before i put the motor in car last year. The fellow out of Vancouver that did them told me that i should be looking for new injectors, as these took some work to get functioning to within spec.

aus jd 2703

well here is my experience,
im making 260awhp on dyno dynamics chassis dyno,
21 psi of boost from a GTX 2867 running front mount and 3" exhaust all controlled by haltech ps1000 ecu.

at 50psi base fuel pressure I am at about 95% IDC on boost! with a 12:1 AFR. so about there is your limit. IMO

RedCelicaTRD

SkagTits165":uvjsorte said:
Im looking to replace my old injectors, but not sure if i should stay stock size, or upgrade to 650's?
3" Straight Intake
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Upgraded WTA system

Thanks

For the real answer you need to know afr and duty %. What turbo/ecu are you running?

RedCelicaTRD":2lvivbuo said:
SkagTits165":2lvivbuo said:
3" Straight Intake
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Upgraded WTA system

Thanks

For the real answer you need to know afr and duty %. What turbo/ecu are you running?

Stock ct20 and stock ecu. Wondering if i should make the jump to standalone and bigger injectors, or stock system is within safe levels

aus jd 2703

Stock gen 3 running 17psi will get you around 220awhp. Reliable and easy.

Unless you plan on changing turbos. I wouldn't touch the injectors. Like I said before you need to be pushing over 250awhp and around then quite a few things will max out

audiodjmp77

I thought that the standard 540's maxed out at about 300 brake, so you should be OK and iirc 19lbs boost is about 1.3 bar. (Boost cut on a 205)

I would make the jump to standalone ECU, that way you have the biggest base to build from, as anything you do afterwards, the control is there and just needs a few tweaks to sort out

ChrisD

I maxed my 540's at around 290-295whp on a dyno dynamics. On the ct20b you should be fine on stock injectors and ecu.