3sgte gen2 with 3sgte gen3 ecu

Snake19888

Hello at the moment i switch my 2nd gen 3sgte to a 3rd gen ecu.

But i whant to keep my TVIS System but the gen3 ecu dosent suport it, so my plan is to handle it with an VAFC that reads RPM and Manifold Pressure and with that information i will use the Vtec option from the VAFC to controll my TVIS. Does anyone already do this and know what i need? Relays oder some other things?

And what Voltage controll the TVIS Vsv 5V or 12V? And is it triggered with Positiv or Negativ Voltage?
Same question with the VAFC, does Vtec controlled by 5 oder 12v an negativ or positiv voltage?

If i know that i can selfmade a relay controler if its different.

The other thing is, on what RPM does the TVIS open and when does it close?

What do you guys think? Is it possible with an VAFC? Or do i need another thing to controll TVIS?

underscore

I imagine it would be possible, but I don't know of anyone who has done it. It may confuse the gen 3 ECU a bit. Any RPM switch should be able to do it though.

Snake19888

Whats an RPM Switch? I googled it but only find RPM Meters or Elektric Motor Dimmers.. Do you have a Link to some RPM Switch that should work?

underscore

It's a simple device which measures RPM and then closes a relay when the RPM is above the preset value. They're used in shift lights, VTEC controllers, lets of things really. If you can't find one on it's own you can take a cheap shift light and use the signal that would have gone to the light to drive the TVIS.

aus jd 2703

for me the bigger concern is the different compression ratio, injectors and heads.

then the sensors, 99% sure gen 3 map sensor is different.