3sgte from 3rd to 5th gear to lean under boost

Snake19888

Hello, i have a 3sgte gen2 running with gen3 ecu.
I also have installed all what is needed (map sensor, iat and mat, coil and ignition ecu from gen3 and 540cc from gen3 and fuelrail is drilled to 8mm, tvis is open al the time, and also installed 3rd gen camshafts ) and repinned the ecu fro gen3 ecu.

1st and 2nd gear it runs on 1bar boost with a good 11afe but on 3rd to 5th gear its running to lean with an 13-14afr.. and i dont know why?

I checked the map sensor and its working right, also the TPS Sensor is working as it should and the mat and iat also..

Does anyone know what it could be that its running to lean in the high 3rd to 5th gear? Also its running only to lean on boost. With no boost i have a normal 14.7afr on al gears.

Hope anyone can help me..

GT4_DRED

Snake19888":25wqqol8 said:
I also have installed all what is needed (map sensor, iat and mat, coil and ignition ecu from gen3 and 540cc from gen3 and fuelrail is drilled to 8mm, tvis is open al the time, and also installed 3rd gen camshafts ) and repinned the ecu fro gen3 ecu.

1st and 2nd gear it runs on 1bar boost with a good 11afe but on 3rd to 5th gear its running to lean with an 13-14afr.. and i dont know why?

I checked the map sensor and its working right, also the TPS Sensor is working as it should and the mat and iat also..

Does anyone know what it could be that its running to lean in the high 3rd to 5th gear? Also its running only to lean on boost. With no boost i have a normal 14.7afr on al gears.

Interesting, Gen3 efi typically runs rich. Check your TPS per the BGB; I saw the same symptoms when mine went bad on my mr2 (gen2 w/gen3 efi). Is your fuel pump making good pressure?

lalojamesliz1

Snake19888":2qx3gsbl said:

Did you ever solve this problem?

Snake19888

Yes, there was no Problem :)
The thing is that the 3rd gen3sgte runs with around 13.5 to 14.7afr under 4000rpm, after that it runs that rich as it should. In first and second gear you only rach the 4000Rpm that fast that you didn notice it but at 3rd gear and over you can see it cleary so that was my öroblem because the gen2 with maf runs also under 4000rpm rich on boost. The third gen it dosenr mater if you have 14psi or so under 4000rpm it runs otherwise with the 13.5 to 14.7afr but if you reach 4000rpm it runs at arround 11afr.

Two people send me videos where its the same and other gen3 drivers also say that this is normal so i think there was never a problem only i thought that because on gen2 its not the same :)